[SOLVED] Davis Binding for Openhab2

Not really. I’ve no experience with that binding. I do see that the Davis1 binding is in the list of supported bindings. Is there a reason you are not using that one?

I’m just following the instructions in the posts above. As far as I’m aware there is only a Davis1 binding which is installed by adding the jar file to the addons folder. I’ve enabled Legacy bindings but I can’t find a Davis binding in PaperUI.

I gave up on this. But today I was looking at integrating my SMA Inverter using the Modbus Binding. After installing the Modbus binding I looked at the logs and found that I was receiving changes from the Davis Vantage Pro. I assume that something installed by the Modbus binding was needed by the Davis binding.

What do I need to put in the addons.cfg? I am showing data in the logfile along with some errors.

WindSpeed2minHiRes changed from 0.0 to 0.804672
WindChill changed from 25.0 to 25.555555555555557
THSWIndex changed from 31.666666666666668 to 32.22222222222222
WindDirection changed from 257 to 351

[WARN ] [.binding.davis.internal.DavisBinding] - unexpected response too short: , expected:

[WARN ] [.binding.davis.internal.DavisBinding] - error, dropping remaining data!
[WARN ] [.binding.davis.internal.DavisBinding] - wakeup failed, retry
[WARN ] [.binding.davis.internal.DavisBinding] - I/O Exception reset after Error: {}

java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe (Write failed)
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_265]
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:111) ~[?:1.8.0_265]
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:143) ~[?:1.8.0_265]
at org.openhab.binding.davis.internal.DavisBinding.writeString(DavisBinding.java:440) ~[bundleFile:?]
at org.openhab.binding.davis.internal.DavisBinding.resetAfterError(DavisBinding.java:307) [bundleFile:?]
at org.openhab.binding.davis.internal.DavisBinding.sendCommand(DavisBinding.java:434) [bundleFile:?]
at org.openhab.binding.davis.internal.DavisBinding.execute(DavisBinding.java:140) [bundleFile:?]
at org.openhab.core.binding.AbstractActiveBinding$BindingActiveService.execute(AbstractActiveBinding.java:146) [bundleFile:?]
at org.openhab.core.service.AbstractActiveService$RefreshThread.run(AbstractActiveService.java:169) [bundleFile:?]

Thank you

Update: My errors were due to the weather station also being connected to the Virtual Weather app running on a PC. This send the data to WU. I think I will disconnect and just pull from WU. Thanks