[SOLVED] Failed downloading Marketplace entries: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure

Ok easy question here how do you actually download the jar files when using a rasberry I’m pretty used too using apt-get but how do you load the website too download the files?

I think I can manage the rest I know how too copy files ect

Go to the target directory using cd
Then use wget url.of.the.file.jar
and that will download the file in your current directory
You may need to use sudo

1 Like

Thanks Vincent

bundle:uninstall … ? feature:uninstall … ?

See my quote further up for manual install

Great, Java Cryptography Extension worked for me too, thanks @CDriver and @mdnx

Another Easy Question here

I have managed to download the jce_policy-8.zip file too the location

/usr/lib/jvm/zulu-embedded-8-armhf/jre/lib/security

it is stored there but i’m struggling to unzip the file

i have tried too unzip the file using commands found on google but getting error “Something like it cant find the file period”

How do i unzip the file ? or do you know of another place too download the java files directly without being zipped ?

@Sharpy I tried on my RPI to unzip that file and had issues as well. I didn’t fight it long before using FileZilla to move the jar files into OH. If you go this route you’ll need to change the file permissions then change back after the transfer.

Hi @H102 thanks for the reply

is it just a problem with that file are you still able too unzip other files

im still new too linux so still working my way around some stuff unzipping a file seems to be a simple task?

what is the actual command to unzip a file ?

I unzipped it on my PC and moved it trough the openHAb config folders to the right folder

Hi @Dibbler42 thanks for the reply i have been considering that it just seemed like more work as i just thought this was an easy task and i was maby doing it wrong with still being new too linux

Just this:
unzip filename.zip

I also tried using tar but no luck. Not sure why its an issue for this zip other than maybe the acceptance button that has to be clicked before downloading. It unzipped fine on my linux PC so that’s why I used fileZilla. If you need help with changing permissions let me know, I’ll be glad to help.

thats what i was using tried a few variations no results so i was doing it right

that will be the next problem thanks for the preemptive offer of help :wink:

First use cd … to backup one directory, type ls -al to see the permissions, then use chmod a+rw on the security file. Make the transfer then change change back to original permissions with chmod. Use chmod --help to see the options to use.

I have unzipped the file on pc and copied them through smb too openhabian share folder and moved the files from there using

sudo mv local_policy.jar /usr/lib/jvm/zulu-embedded-8-armhf/jre/lib/security/
sudo mv US_export_policy.jar /usr/lib/jvm/zulu-embedded-8-armhf/jre/lib/security/

going too reboot now

I will look into the permssions once rebooted

I have also tried too delete the .zip file using touch jce_policy-8.zip nothing happens

If you were able to transfer the files then permissions shouldn’t be a problem.:sunglasses:
After a reboot the error should be gone.

I seem too be getting different error after a reboot i’'m not getting the marketplace error but alot about

Could not initialize class sun.security.ssl.SSLContextImpl$TLSContext

Looks too be influxdb related

2018-09-26 13:49:59.754 [ERROR] [org.influxdb.impl.BatchProcessor    ] - Batch could not be sent. Data will be lost

retrofit.RetrofitError: Could not initialize class sun.security.ssl.SSLContextImpl$TLSContext

at retrofit.RetrofitError.unexpectedError(RetrofitError.java:44) ~[231:org.openhab.persistence.influxdb:1.12.0]

at retrofit.RestAdapter$RestHandler.invokeRequest(RestAdapter.java:400) [231:org.openhab.persistence.influxdb:1.12.0]

at retrofit.RestAdapter$RestHandler.invoke(RestAdapter.java:240) [231:org.openhab.persistence.influxdb:1.12.0]

at org.influxdb.impl.$Proxy158.writePoints(Unknown Source) [231:org.openhab.persistence.influxdb:1.12.0]

at org.influxdb.impl.InfluxDBImpl.write(InfluxDBImpl.java:151) [231:org.openhab.persistence.influxdb:1.12.0]

at org.influxdb.impl.BatchProcessor.write(BatchProcessor.java:171) [231:org.openhab.persistence.influxdb:1.12.0]

at org.influxdb.impl.BatchProcessor$1.run(BatchProcessor.java:144) [231:org.openhab.persistence.influxdb:1.12.0]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class sun.security.ssl.SSLContextImpl$TLSContext

at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:264) ~[?:?]

at java.security.Provider$Service.getImplClass(Provider.java:1634) ~[?:?]

at java.security.Provider$Service.newInstance(Provider.java:1592) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.jca.GetInstance.getInstance(GetInstance.java:236) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.jca.GetInstance.getInstance(GetInstance.java:164) ~[?:?]

at javax.net.ssl.SSLContext.getInstance(SSLContext.java:156) ~[?:?]

at com.squareup.okhttp.OkHttpClient.getDefaultSSLSocketFactory(OkHttpClient.java:663) ~[?:?]

at com.squareup.okhttp.OkHttpClient.copyWithDefaults(OkHttpClient.java:623) ~[?:?]

at com.squareup.okhttp.Call.<init>(Call.java:50) ~[?:?]

at com.squareup.okhttp.OkHttpClient.newCall(OkHttpClient.java:595) ~[?:?]

at retrofit.client.OkClient.execute(OkClient.java:53) ~[?:?]

at retrofit.RestAdapter$RestHandler.invokeRequest(RestAdapter.java:326) ~[?:?]

... 12 more

and something else

2018-09-26 13:50:16.741 [ERROR] [io.socket.thread.EventThread        ] - Task threw exception

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun.security.ssl.SSLContextImpl$CustomizedTLSContext

at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:264) ~[?:?]

at java.security.Provider$Service.getImplClass(Provider.java:1634) ~[?:?]

at java.security.Provider$Service.newInstance(Provider.java:1592) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.jca.GetInstance.getInstance(GetInstance.java:236) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.jca.GetInstance.getInstance(GetInstance.java:164) ~[?:?]

at javax.net.ssl.SSLContext.getInstance(SSLContext.java:156) ~[?:?]

at javax.net.ssl.SSLContext.getDefault(SSLContext.java:96) ~[?:?]

at javax.net.ssl.SSLSocketFactory.getDefault(SSLSocketFactory.java:122) ~[?:?]

at javax.net.ssl.HttpsURLConnection.getDefaultSSLSocketFactory(HttpsURLConnection.java:332) ~[?:?]

at javax.net.ssl.HttpsURLConnection.<init>(HttpsURLConnection.java:289) ~[?:?]

at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.<init>(HttpsURLConnectionImpl.java:94) ~[?:?]

at sun.net.www.protocol.https.Handler.openConnection(Handler.java:62) ~[?:?]

at sun.net.www.protocol.https.Handler.openConnection(Handler.java:57) ~[?:?]

at java.net.URL.openConnection(URL.java:979) ~[?:?]

at io.socket.engineio.client.transports.PollingXHR$Request.create(PollingXHR.java:166) ~[222:org.openhab.io.openhabcloud:2.3.0]

at io.socket.engineio.client.transports.PollingXHR.doPoll(PollingXHR.java:129) ~[222:org.openhab.io.openhabcloud:2.3.0]

at io.socket.engineio.client.transports.Polling.poll(Polling.java:95) ~[222:org.openhab.io.openhabcloud:2.3.0]

at io.socket.engineio.client.transports.Polling.doOpen(Polling.java:35) ~[222:org.openhab.io.openhabcloud:2.3.0]

at io.socket.engineio.client.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:82) ~[222:org.openhab.io.openhabcloud:2.3.0]

at io.socket.thread.EventThread.exec(EventThread.java:55) ~[222:org.openhab.io.openhabcloud:2.3.0]

at io.socket.engineio.client.Transport.open(Transport.java:77) ~[222:org.openhab.io.openhabcloud:2.3.0]

at io.socket.engineio.client.Socket$2.run(Socket.java:248) ~[222:org.openhab.io.openhabcloud:2.3.0]

at io.socket.thread.EventThread.exec(EventThread.java:55) ~[222:org.openhab.io.openhabcloud:2.3.0]

at io.socket.engineio.client.Socket.open(Socket.java:226) ~[222:org.openhab.io.openhabcloud:2.3.0]

at io.socket.client.Manager$1.run(Manager.java:330) ~[222:org.openhab.io.openhabcloud:2.3.0]

at io.socket.client.Manager.open(Manager.java:250) ~[222:org.openhab.io.openhabcloud:2.3.0]

at io.socket.client.Manager$11$1.run(Manager.java:560) ~[222:org.openhab.io.openhabcloud:2.3.0]

at io.socket.thread.EventThread$2.run(EventThread.java:80) [222:org.openhab.io.openhabcloud:2.3.0]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

Try sudo openhabian-config and use fix permissions to see if that helps.

running the fix permissions has not stopped this if anything there are more errors now they are flooding my log

but still no market place error :slight_smile: i think i have seen a post related too the influxdb error

If the other post donesn’t solve the issue I would clear the cache and tmp then start debugging. May need to start another topic with the issue as well.