[SOLVED] HABPanel sluggish

I’m getting:

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /rest/items-filtered. Reason:

Request failed.

Powered by Jetty:// 9.4.18.v20190429

No, nothing untoward showed up in the logs.

As suspected there is something wrong with the habpanel filter and not habpanel, can you check whether it is listed in the installed bundles in karaf?

My addons folder is empty, then i copy your 2 provided files into it and made a server reboot.

Then i can open habpanel in the openhab-main-page and then i get a blank screen with only the names of my pages inside habpanel, but all my pages are empty. (I have different pages for blinds, lights, weather-information, and so on)

Yes, the filter binding is showing as installed and active:

352 x Active x  80 x 2.5.0.201909160547    x openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: HabPanel Filter Binding
353 x Active x  80 x 2.5.0.201909151002    x openHAB UI :: HABPanel user interface

Thanks. These too worked for me.

However, I’ve removed them as I don’t have the time at the moment to go through all the items and add them to the group.
Now my dashboards are broken :frowning:
The splash screen for Openhab (the root page) is showing everything except HABPanel.

I did have this in the log when I copied the files in.

2019-09-16 20:06:20.857 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall                      ] - A bundle with the same symbolic name (org.openhab.ui.habpanel) and version (2.4.0) is already installed.  Updating this bundle instead.
2019-09-16 20:06:20.974 [INFO ] [openhab.ui.habpanel.internal.HABPanelDashboardTile] - Stopped HABPanel
2019-09-16 20:06:22.568 [INFO ] [openhab.ui.habpanel.internal.HABPanelDashboardTile] - Started HABPanel at /habpanel
2019-09-16 20:06:22.663 [INFO ] [habpanelfilter.internal.web.FilteredEventsResource] - FilteredEventsResource created ...
2019-09-16 20:06:22.703 [INFO ] [g.habpanelfilter.internal.web.FilteredItemResource] - FilteredItemResource created ...
2019-09-16 20:08:26.904 [INFO ] [.smarthome.model.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Refreshing model 'HABPanel.items'
2019-09-16 20:08:36.912 [INFO ] [.smarthome.model.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Refreshing model 'HABPanel.items'
2019-09-16 20:09:13.183 [INFO ] [g.habpanelfilter.internal.web.FilteredItemResource] - Received HTTP GET request at 'items-filtered'
2019-09-16 20:09:14.955 [INFO ] [g.habpanelfilter.internal.web.FilteredItemResource] - Received HTTP GET request at 'items-filtered'

Is this a forward-only patch? How can I get back to normal?
I’ve restarted openhab2 service.

C

Since it´s a jar manually installed, I would say you could just remove the jar file, and then add habpanel from paperUI…

1 Like

That’s what I thought but removing it totally breaks HABPanel. It does not show up in the list of installed options.

I’ll try again this evening and see what happens

Backup the original habpanel jar before you do this, clear the cache after you delete the modified one, replace the jar back into its original folder and it should come back just fine.

I have installed habpanel with paper ui. Do i have to remove this original one first - and reboot - before i move the modified jars into the addons folder?

Process should be:

Remove Habpanel via Paper UI.
Stop OH2
Clear the cache
Place the ‘new’ habpanel jar into the addons folder
Start OH2

I havn´t tried myself (yet).
But since this is a modificated HabPanel. I would say you´ll have to uninstall the original habpanel from PaperUI, and then install the modified version by placing it in the addons folder.
When going back to original, you do it reverse. Remove the modified habpanel from addons, and install the original from PaperUI.
It may be a good idea to stop openhab and clear cache/tmp in both situations.

All of the guys are correct - just delete the manually installed jar and reinstall original version from the paper ui. :wink:

Regarding the log - all of the lines are ok. These are the lines you should get if the addon installed correctly:

2019-09-16 20:06:22.663 [INFO ] [habpanelfilter.internal.web.FilteredEventsResource] - FilteredEventsResource created …
2019-09-16 20:06:22.703 [INFO ] [g.habpanelfilter.internal.web.FilteredItemResource] - FilteredItemResource created …

I made an update to latest openhab snapshot and now your jar files work for me.

But one little error:

I have a group “gLights”. When i change this to

Group gLights (Group_HabPanel_Dashboard)

my lights are not displayed on habpanel. But if i add (Group_HabPanel_Dashboard) to all of my single light-items, it works… But this is very bad. Would be better, if this would work with my already used groups too…

this was just a lightway hack and of course be optimized, I do not use groups extensively, so didn’t have any optimizations created. Is it working faster compared to previous setup?

Currently i´m on a fast desktop computer, i will test it at home with an old tablet.

My first impression is: yes, it is faster…

One more issue:
I use a widget called “dashboard-link” to switch the pages in habpanel, this also doesn´t work anymore. There i have to enter the name of the dashboard-page and when i click the widget, it switches to this page.

that depends on how this feature is implemented, if this is implemented through some item that habpanel uses - you would need to add that item to the group as well.

1 Like

@arctus
My log-file is flooded with [info] habpanel-filtering-lines…

Can you tell me the exact name of the logging? Then i can set the logging to [warn].

I only can see this:

2019-09-17 16:03:38.709 [INFO ] [er.internal.web.FilteredItemResource] - Received HTTP GET request at 'items-filtered'

What is the full name of [er.internal.web.FilteredItemResource] ?

@halloween, sure it is:

package org.openhab.binding.habpanelfilter.internal.web;

@arctus
I habe been testing your modified Habpanel in the last days and I have to say I am very happy!
After adding all required items to the group (yes, it takes some time but it’s worth it) my Habpanel Samsung tablets are blazing fast when switching panels and displaying information.

Thank you!! Now I am hesitant updating the snapshots in order not to break anything.
What I love about that implementation - if something goes wrong and I have to run the original habpanel again I don’t have to change any items in the habpanel itself. Smart solution!

1 Like

Has anyone determined if when using dimmers do they flicker as mentioned by ysc?

Surely theres a better way than manually creating a group and adding potentially 500 items to it?