[SOLVED] HABPanel sluggish

I’m still using 2.4 for habpanel.

Best, Jay

so all i have to do is drop the jar in the addon directory and it will figure out to make HABpanel faster?

2020-11-27 20:12:55.431 [INFO ] [.internal.web.FilteredEventsResource] - FilteredEventsResource created ...
2020-11-27 20:12:55.538 [INFO ] [er.internal.web.FilteredItemResource] - FilteredItemResource created ...

or am i supposed to configure something? i’m running 2.5.10 and used the 2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

You also need to add the items you wish to use to the group Group_HabPanel_Dashboard. Those are the only items visible to HABpanel, hence it runs faster.

And, of course, you’ll need to define the group as well. I did so in an items file.

huh, is there a way to find out which items i’m using in my acutal habpanel configurations?
:grinning:

I’am using free OpenWeatherMap API with the OpenWeatherMap Binding, all fine with original HABpanel as I can see 4 days forecast without problems. When using habpanelfilter and habpanel 2.5 from this topic I can get only 1 day forecast, remaining 3 don’t have any values but in items file it shows all values and is added to required group. Tried to clean cache and reboot several times…no luck.

i am trying to make my habpanel faster here too so i created “Group_HabPanel_Dashboard” ,i listed all my habpanel items in that group and copied the habpanel filter jar in my addons folder…nothing changed even after restart.Am i missing something?

not only habpanel filer jar required, but modified habpanel as well, all can be found in this thread.
Dont forget to uninstall original habpanel before adding all to addons folder.

resolved by adding all openwheather binding items.

glad you solved the problem. sorry for late reply, christmas season at work.

there is no black magic in the filter, the best debugging would be to check the filtered list available at “http://ip:port/rest/items-filtered” (ip and port replaced by your data). If the list has the item, then everything is configured properly.

Regarding openweather, as far as I remember it somewhat loads those items dynamically through the javascript.

Are there any plans to port this solution to OH3 for those of us planning to continue to use HabPanel? I tried to load the 2.5 version into OH3, but didn’t seem work. Didn’t really think it would, but was worth a try. It loaded but remained inactive or waiting. I suspect at least the references to smarthome need to be replaced with OpenHAB in the code.

good question, as I understand @ysc this problem with the habpanel was solved in OH3 and there is no need for this hack anymore?

usually, I tend to upgrade only when a minor version update appears after a major release (or half a year passed) :slight_smile: usually, this way, the product installed is more friendly and polished. however, if this post receives 10 “hearts” (and @ysc says it is not and will not be fixed) - I will recompile the filter for 3.0 openhab as well.

7 Likes

i know i shouldn’t quote myself but could anyone help me out?

unfortunately, there is no other way, rather than checking all the widgets that you have manually …

1 Like

Are there 4 more persons running habpanel on way to old devices? :slight_smile:

Mine was slow after the upgrade OH2.5 --> OH3 - clearing cache helped

I did a fresh install of OH3 and now its slow again :bomb::slight_smile:

mine doesn’t work any more today after 2 days cleaning the cache :laughing: guess I need to open a thread

1 Like

Unless there’s another solution, I’m planning on spinning up a dedicated OH3 instance just for HABpanel. I’m thinking that I will run the remote openHAB binding on the remote instance and only link the items I’ll need to use in HABpanel (emulating the filter effect of this modified binding). It’s not pretty but it should work.

3 Likes

This is nice idea, please let us know what is the performance of this solution. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

wouldn’t mind an updated version of HPF :slight_smile: