[SOLVED] Home Energy Meter HEM G3 AEON Labs GEN5 ZW095 do not report automatically

@fishpepper I just got it working following the steps that Aeon support engineer suggestes.

Through Zensys tools (the same that’s used when doing firmware upgrade for aeon devices) … go to Command Class tab, select
Command Class: COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION_V1
Command Name: ASSOCIATION_SET

and set NodeID to 01 for all three Grouping identifiers (01,02,03).

Working like a charm. Can get 1second updates or whatever you want. Amazing! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@Austris_V thank you very much. Your hints helped me to set up my home energy meter gen 5 with the zensys tools. Thus now I get unsolicited updates.

This did not work with either HABmin or PaperUI. I have tried exclusion, re-inclusion, various combinations of the settings.

You need to click on “Node info” inside the Z-Wave Controller software to be able to access the command classes, including COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION_V1. After that it is possible to send commands changing the association groups.

1 Like

This is marked fixed, but since I got here via a google search, I’ll add my 2 cents: after associating with the controller I was getting only wattage updates every 5 seconds. I read the “extended” manual at https://doc.eedomus.com/files/Instructions%20-%20Aeon%20Labs%20Home%20Energy%20Meter%20Gen5.pdf which is more detailed than what came in the box with the device. Under “Advanced functions” it talks about the values to set the reporting flags to. I wanted the kWh, current, voltage, and wattage from the whole HEM and I don’t care about values off the individual clamps, so I want a value of 1+2+4+8 = 15.

Using Habmin, I put that value in “101: Report Group 1” and also changed “111: Interval to send out reports of group 1” to 5 (which is measured in seconds). Now I’m getting kWh, current, voltage, and watts reported every 5 seconds.

Cheers

Hi, can you send me too document from aeotec guy? Thanks.

Hi, I have tried to send these commands without success. The screendumo is cropped so I am not sure if I set the values correctly. I have not figured out how to pass multiple grouping identifiers in the same association_set command. Or am I supposed to sent the command once per group (1-3)?

Currently when I reboot my Raspberry and look ant the HEM thing I only see a. X icon in association group 1. Groups 2-3 remain empty. I only get values when it polls every 10 minute…

Hello everyone,
I am facing the same issue and going to test the “zensys” tools once I find them.
However my workaround right now is to send refresh to one of the items and all will refresh

rule "rulename"
when
    Time cron "0 0/1 * 1/1 * ? *"
then
    sendCommand(HomeEnergyMeter_ElectricMeterWatts, "REFRESH")
end

Hope it helps
Cheers

4 Likes

Many thanks! This was important.

And OMG, what a journey to configure this fucking device.

Zwave is horrible from an usability perspective… even if so powerful.

Thanks anyway

Bodo

No, it is not zwave in general, it is specific to this device:

Please don’t blame zwave if the Aetoec engineers have to be blamed.

I’m having the same problem. May I have fron you the documentation to configure the HEM with ZENSYS tools?

Thanks in advance.

This is unlikely to work since the binding will reconfigure the associations.

Please use the latest binding if you aren’t already. If you still have problems, then provide a debug log showing what is happening when associations are configured.

This was the only way I could get the GEN5 HEM to submit reports. I actually edited ‘COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION_V1’ and ‘COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION_V2’ and it seemed editing V2 was what finally got the Node1<–>Node(my HEM) to show/stick.

I had tried everything recommended in any posts on the topic e.g. in no particular order (because none of this worked anyways but I was systematic at the time): remove from openhab, exclude from zstick, add through paperui, add through habmin, edit associations through habmin, reset device using manufacturer procedure, moved the zstick directly next to the HEM, and so on. I could not get the associations to stick at all. Polling the device showed it was functioning and taking good readings.

Part of my trouble was we have just moved and I could not locate the power adapter for my windows laptop to use Zensys. I struggled with this for too long. As soon as I found the adapter and made the link in Zensys I was good to go.

Very happy with the device and the capabilities Openhab gives over smartthings for the data the HEM provides. Thanks for your post, @Austris_V.

Thanks for your comment. I’m using OH 2.4.

Is this what you call “the latest binding”?

If not, can you please tell me how to get the jar file for the latest binding? I’ve looked for it but I have not seen where to get it from.

Thanks Cris.

No - 2.4 is 6 months old now. I’d suggest to use 2.5, but at the moment there are a lot of changes ongoing in the overall system, so I’m not sure you will be able to simply take the latest binding and run it in an older system.

The latest binding is always available here -:

https://ci.openhab.org/job/openHAB2-Bundles/lastBuild/org.openhab.addons.bundles$org.openhab.binding.zwave/

Hello @chris,
I have buy an Home Energy Meter and I have upgrade my openhab at version 2.5M2. The system can read the data from this devices but only if I add the rule with refresh…It is normal this works mode? I expect the device to send data every time set up to 111 parameter (in my case 5 seconds).
Thanks
Best regards

There are several in the database, you need to tell us which one or we can’t help:

Hi @sihui,
the energy meter in question is the same on the topic: “ZW095 home energy meter Gen 5”
Thanks

No. Make sure you have parameter 101 set correctly and you have association group 1 pointing to your controller (use HABmin to do that).

I have set parameter 101 to 15

I have already set up the association Groups of group 1 to controller

I don’t have this device but would set 101 to 16128 to report watt and kwh for all three clamps.

Ok I try. I have set 15 that is the sum for KWH, Wall, Voltage and Current for total HEM. I try to set 592128‬ that is all for clamp 1 (my version is with only for one clamp).
I test that and reply you.