[SOLVED] Homematic QuantityType in M6 build problem

Jep, I will post an issue in the ESH repo. Just wanted to give an update here. Maybe you could keep in mind that this is currently broken and should be fixed before Openhab 2.4 is released (or just ship the binding version included in the M5 build for a release build).

1 Like

I donā€™t think that this is possible :slight_smile:

There have been many bug fixes implemented since M5 in the binding. They need to check your situation and fix it.

I am not 100% sure that your rule is correctā€¦ I will try to check some stuff and post more info.
Meanwhile, plz go ahead and post your configs on the ESH github issue.

Opened issue for reference:

1 Like

I am facing the same Problem. Even when i change the Temp from Paper UI i get the Same error. So i think its an Problem with the Binding and not with the Config.

im faced with exact the same error, too.

After upgrading from 2.3 to 2.4 M6, I have exactly the same problem and cannot set the temperature :frowning:

I am facing the same Problem. Even when i change the Temp from Paper UI i get the Same error. So i think its an Problem with the Binding and not with the Config.

Oh yes, forgot to mention this. Will add this to the GitHub issue.

@all
The temporary fix can be found here Homematic QuantityType in M6 build problem just take care to replace the 209 in the second command with the correct bundle ID returned by the first command in the first column.

Any news on this issue?

I have tried it today with latest build and could not reproduce the problem. Here is what I did: https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/issues/6612#issuecomment-444207537

After deleting all Thermostates and readd them to Openhab all works like before!

Hey,

what exactly have you done to solve this issue?

I deleted one thermostat via PaperUI (not the channels separately, but the entire thing), rebootet Openhab and added it again (it was automatically found via the inbox menu).

But without success, the following failure message is this in the ouput:

2018-12-08 08:22:56.664 [WARN ] [ematic.handler.HomematicThingHandler] - Canā€™t convert type QuantityType with value ā€˜20.5 ā„ƒā€™ to FLOAT value with DecimalTypeConverter for ā€˜MEQ1466222:1#SET_TEMPERATUREā€™, please check the item type and the commands in your scripts

Hi,

got it running, too.
I deleted all HM heating things from openhab. After this, I added them again from inbox.
After this procedure and some minor changes in my rules, all is running well.

Sebastian

1 Like

Hi all,

unfortunately, for me this solution is not applicable. I have done all the steps you mentioned, but it will not work.
But what i found out is that the following listed failure code will show up only for one heating thermostat. But I have installed in total 5 thermostats, meaning that for the other 4 the code is running well.

2018-12-15 07:58:18.844 [WARN ] [ematic.handler.HomematicThingHandler] - Canā€™t convert type QuantityType with value ā€˜19.5 ā„ƒā€™ to FLOAT value with DecimalTypeConverter for ā€˜MEQ1466222:1#SET_TEMPERATUREā€™, please check the item type and the commands in your scripts

Meaning that only the device MEQ1466222 has a problem, the other ones are still working good.

When having deleted all the things and started a new search via inbox, the following entries in my log file occured and showed some issues, maybe someone know something about it?

2018-12-15 07:54:43.840 [INFO ] [ng.homematic.internal.misc.MiscUtils] - Datapoint name 'BackupHomegear.sh' contains invalid characters, new Datapoint name 'BackupHomegear_sh'

2018-12-15 07:54:43.846 [INFO ] [ng.homematic.internal.misc.MiscUtils] - Datapoint name 'ReadMe.txt' contains invalid characters, new Datapoint name 'ReadMe_txt'

2018-12-15 07:54:43.850 [INFO ] [ng.homematic.internal.misc.MiscUtils] - Datapoint name 'RestoreHomegear.sh' contains invalid characters, new Datapoint name 'RestoreHomegear_sh'

2018-12-15 07:54:43.855 [INFO ] [ng.homematic.internal.misc.MiscUtils] - Datapoint name 'Test.php' contains invalid characters, new Datapoint name 'Test_php'

2018-12-15 07:54:43.860 [INFO ] [ng.homematic.internal.misc.MiscUtils] - Datapoint name 'Connect.php' contains invalid characters, new Datapoint name 'Connect_php'

2018-12-15 07:54:43.888 [INFO ] [rnal.type.HomematicTypeGeneratorImpl] - Multiple firmware versions for device type 'BC-RT-TRX-CyN' found (1.0, 1.1). Make sure, all devices of the same type have the same firmware version, otherwise you MAY have channel and/or datapoint errors in the logfile

many thanks for the help!

Hi!

The entries in the log are updated Homematic system variables and Script, which you can then use in openhab.
When you update one system variable, all of them are updated by openhab.
As openhab does not support some characters they are replaced by underscores, thats what you can see in the log.

Btw. I deleted an the readded all thermostat things and now everything works again.
Are you sure you deleted the thing that is still not working? Did you try to delete it once again?

Is the bug fixed in a newer version of this binding?
Maybe in a 2.5 snapshot?
Where can I find the new 2.5 snapshot versions of this binding?

Hi,

After the winter break, I wanted to restart my irrigation controller and it turned out that it is not working anymore.
Iā€™m using several Homematic actuators which are relying on the correct update of number items.
Problems are due to the issues described here in this thread, related to quantity conversion problems
(ā€œCanā€™t convert quantity types to ā€¦ā€)
I tried to use the fixes which were discussed in various threads, i.e. the special binding

org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.homematic-0.10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

which cannot be installed anymore in the 2.4 final release
( due to: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: ā€¦)

The latest OH 2.5 - not surprising- does not work either.

I also can state that the problems are definitely in the latest binding and not in any updates of the CCU ( I am using PIVCCU 2 and checked configurations with the latest as well as with older versions).

So the summary result is:
Openhab 2.3 + Homematic Binding in 2.3: working
Openhab 2.4 + Homematic Binding in 2.4: not working
Openhab 2.5 Snapshot Release as of last week: not working
Openhab 2.4 + Homematic Binding 0.10.0-SNAPSHOT: not installable

I would expect that more people should have problems with the present environment if they are using any HM components. So either I do something completely wrong or most people have already given up with a promising system that was screwed up by updates.

In any case, I donā€™t understand how this issue could be marked as solved, which ist certainly not the case for me.
Is there a plan to integrate the fixes from last November into an upcoming SNAPHOT release binding of OH2.5?
For me, it would be important to be able to use OH2.4 or higher, which is the only version with a working weather binding based on OpenweatherMap, not available in earlier versions.

Thanks in advance

Wilfried

I had the same issues and the solutions above did not help. I got it working on 2.4 with the following ā€œworkaroundā€ (still not sure why or even IF it is why it is working for me):

1. adding CCU2 via paper UI
  2. removing CCU2 via paper UI
  3. add CCU2 as bridge via things/homematic.things:
Bridge homematic:bridge:ccu2 "CCU2" @ "Hallway" [gatewayAddress="192.168.xx.xx"] {
    //empty
}
  1. adding my homematic contacts etc. as things via paper UI
  2. adding my homematic items via items/homematic.items
Contact Window_State_Contact    "Window [MAP(contact.map):%s]"             <contact>           (OG_Bad,All_Windows,HM_Ip)    {channel="homematic:HMIP-SWDO:ccu2:ABCDEF12345678:1#STATE_CONTACT"}
String  Window_State            "Window [MAP(contact.map):%s]"             <contact>           (Strings,HM_Ip)               {channel="homematic:HMIP-SWDO:ccu2:ABCDEF12345678:1#STATE"}

Any other combination fails since whatever upgrade.