[SOLVED] KNX2 Room controller config

Hello,
I’m trying to configure my floor heating system from Merten to have something like this

It was working fine with KNX1 but I’m a little lost in the migration steps to KNX2. So any help to configure this in KNX2 will be appreciate

So far, I’ve define for one room this Things :

Thing device HDL_GM6 “Switch Actuator HDL GM-6” @“KNX” [ address=“1.1.10”, fetch=false, pingInterval=600, readInterval=0 ]
{
Type number : regulModeChauffageChambre5 “Mode chauffage chambre 5” [ga="<4/2/1"]
Type number : statutModeChauffageChambre5 “Statut Mode chauffage chambre 5” [ga="<5.001:4/3/1"]
}

and the following items:

Number regulModeChauffageChambre5 “Mode chauffage chambre 5” {channel=“knx:device:MERTEN:HDL_GM6:regulModeChauffageChambre5”}
Number statutModeChauffageChambre5 “Statut Mode chauffage chambre 5 [%d]” {channel=“knx:device:MERTEN:HDL_GM6:statutModeChauffageChambre5”}

Here is the Sitemap:

Text item=tempChambre5
Switch item=regulModeChauffageChambre5 mappings=[1=“Confort”, 2=“Standby”, 3=“Absence”, 4=“AntiGel”]|

What is wrong in this config? Do you have any suggestion?
regards

the read request flag (<) should be just before the GA

Type number : statutModeChauffageChambre5 "Statut Mode chauffage chambre 5" [ga="5.001:<4/3/1"]

see examples here: KNX1 to KNX2 Migration Steps

Also: it is advisable to use a different name for the Channel and the Item. It’s not a problem… it’s just easier to identify them

YES … I was very close to success :’)
Thank you @Dim

1 Like

Hi @Dim,
if I can ask … I’ve got one other question to manage a blower fan.
Previously, in KNX1, I was using this:

/* VMC */
Number vmcVitesseVmcPte “Vitesse VMC PTE” (grPM,grVMC) {knx=“5.010:3/0/0+<5.010:3/0/1”}
Number vmcVitesseVmcGde “Vitesse VMC GDE” (grGM,grVMC) {knx=“5.010:3/1/0+<5.010:3/1/1”}

Now within my migration to KNX2, I’ve definedthose Things:

Thing device ABB_VMC_PM "Blower/Fan Coil Actuator PM" @ "KNX" [ address="1.2.1", fetch=false, pingInterval=600, readInterval=0 ]
  		{
  			Type number : vmcVitessePte 	"Vitesse VMC PTE" 	[ ga="5.010:3/0/0+<5.010:3/0/1" ]
  		}
  Thing device ABB_VMC_GM "Blower/Fan Coil Actuator GM" @ "KNX" [ address="1.1.2", fetch=false, pingInterval=600, readInterval=0 ]
  		{
  			Type number : vmcVitesseGde 	"Vitesse VMC GDE" 	[ ga="5.010:3/1/0+<5.010:3/1/1" ]
  		}		

and the following items:

Number vmcVitesseVmcGde “Vitesse VMC GDE” <wind> (grGM,grVMC) {channel=“knx:device:MERTEN:ABB_VMC_GM:vmcVitesseGde”}
Number vmcVitesseVmcPte “Vitesse VMC PTE” <wind> (grPM,grVMC) {channel=“knx:device:MERTEN:ABB_VMC_PM:vmcVitessePte”}

Any ideas on what I’m wrong??
Thank you for your help

Not sure why this is not working… do you have any logs?

I have seen some people having problems when using DPT twice in the Channel definition.

Try the following:

Type number : vmcVitessePte 	"Vitesse VMC PTE" 	[ ga="5.010:3/0/0+<3/0/1" ]

Hi @Dim ,
Once again, you were right … issue with using DPT twice in the same definition.
Thank you for your help, I can change the speed fan :wink: :wink:
Best Regards
Yann

1 Like