[SOLVED] Location of OpenUV binding?

Hi all.
The docs show a binding for OpenUV - https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/openuv/#open-uv-binding

I can’t see it in my PaperUI and can’t seem to find where to download a jar.

Has anyone got this working who can point me in the right direction? Cheers!

According to GitHub, it was committed to the repository only 3 days ago so that may explain why it doesn’t appear in Paper UI.

I’m a beginner so I don’t know how to make it appear in Paper UI. Perhaps by upgrading to a snapshot version of OpenHAB? Or maybe that’s a step too far and there’s a way to add new bindings to a release version (like 2.3) of OpenHAB? Hopefully someone else can clarify the next step because I’m now interested in this binding as well! :slight_smile:

That’s the way. For the adventurous one can download the jar file for the snapshot version from cloudbees and drop it in the addons folder, but that isn’t always guaranteed to work.

The only guaranteed way to get it is upgrading everything to the snapshot.

The binding OpenUV is called “OpenSprinkler Binding” in OH build #1327

Andrea

Thanks, Rich,
I eventually found it in cloudbees.
Cheers!

https://openhab.ci.cloudbees.com/job/openHAB2-Bundles/org.openhab.binding$org.openhab.binding.openuv/

That’s the cloudbees link to the jar.

I have it working perfectly using OH 2.3 Stable.

1 Like

Yep, I have it working now too.
Cheers :slight_smile:

Hello, I downloaded too the jar file using the link to cloudbees provided by tebore (last time today, build #406), but unfortunately the binding doesn’t work for me.
I followed the documentation instructions and manually configured the thing, the item and the sitemap files. The result is that, in “Paper UI-Configuration-Things”, the bridge status appears as offline (if I click it I can read this: Status: OFFLINE - CONFIGURATION_ERROR @text/offline.comm-error-running-request) and the thing status appears as online, but the items don’t get populated and all remain NULL.
Do you have any idea about what I’m doing wrong?

Hello, I keep on having the same problem with the binding configuration. Maybe my intervention was a little off-topic, so I decided to open a new discussion here: Open UB binding - configuration error.

Marco