[SOLVED] Logitech Harmony Hub Binding - 4.15.206 firmware broke local API connection

where this update can be seen? For me there is just a regular update screen

Ps.: found it, you have scroll all the way down

hehe i was surprised from Logitechā€™s kindness to allow the XMPP firmwareā€¦i was wrong :slight_smile:
after update i get thisā€¦

I am not getting that message after updating to .210 even after syncing my configuration through the desktop application.

Hope @digitaldan will make some progress to move to websocket API until then :slight_smile: and we can updateā€¦

Maybe websocket api now is not necessary.

@digitaldan what do you think about?? Should we upgrade to developer firmware 4.15.210 and use the XMPP again? Or wait until websocket api is implemented (by you) and then use official firmware 4.15.206?

For me it would be associated with a lot of effort or would be annoying to connect each time the hub via USB cable to PC getting a new ā€œdeveloper firmwareā€ version!

1 Like

Thx! Saved my day :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for posting! Worked perfectly!

Agreed, upgrading is up to you. I plan on moving to the websocket connection, but I donā€™t have an ETA on when it will be done. I started last night and so far so good, but I will be completely re-writing our connection library. The good news is that it will be 90% less code, most of the logic was in managing XMPP messaging, much much easier using websockets, so Iā€™m kinda excited to go down that route. Letā€™s hope logitech doesnā€™t stop this method as well.

5 Likes

I also found this:

https://community.logitech.com/s/question/0D55A00008D4bZ4SAJ/harmony-hub-firmware-update-fixes-vulnerabilities

couldnā€™t find if somebody posted this update (50m ago)

Thanks for your work! And I think this is the ā€œeasiestā€ way to ensure that Harmony works with OH. This developer fw is temporary I think and as others reported, Logitech will shut down this method in the near futureā€¦

Thank you for clarifying this. :slight_smile:

Thank you for this.

Just installed the newly released developer FW, and OpenHAB is once more in control of my Harmony Hub! :slight_smile:
Kudos to Logitech for actually listening to their users. :+1:

Hereā€™s a link to the vulnerabilities that were found by Tenable and fixed by Logitech:

1 Like

[https://community.logitech.com/s/question/0D55A00008D4bZ4SAJ/

Hey there =)

First of all: thanks Logitech! u fā€™ed it up really good.

Every time I try to downgrade my harmony hub I get this:

I get this when I try downgrade on the ā€œHarmony Home Controlā€ Site and on the ā€œFirmware to enable XMPPā€ Site. I tried this on my desktop and laptop with fresh installs of the Harmony software.

Of course I tried to unplug and retry the process.

Anyone got an idea?

Logitech has now anyway announced they will make an update for giving local access again. Until then, they opened up for a workaround. See here (in German, but somewhere else itā€™s perhaps in English too?)

## Logitech lenkt ein: Nutzer erhalten wieder lokalen Zugriff auf Harmony Hub

You try to upgrade from 4.15.206 to developer Firmware 4.15.210? Itā€™s telling you, itā€™s a downgrade?
Iā€™m still on 4.15.201. And I didnā€™t upgrade yet.

Maybe you first have to downgrade to a previous version --> 4.15.193 and then upgrade to 4.15.210?

What are the experiences of others, who did an upgrade?

For me it was pretty straight forward. I first updated the MyHarmony Desktop client on Windows 10 and then followed the instructions. Both of my hubs were automatically updated to 206 when I was on holiday. They are now using the developer firmware. No issues so far (using openHAB 1.x).

1 Like

Have you tried another USB cable?