[SOLVED] Neo CoolCAM PIR Sensor Z-Wave Issues

Ok, but earlier you said there was a problem with the database definition. The database looks fine, so if the device doesn’t report temperature, then it’s either a device problem, or a problem with configuration rather than the database as that looks fine to me.

1 Like

The manufacture has made an mistake. The device is suppose to have a temperature sensor. And maybe it does, maybe it doesn´t. Fact is, it doesnt work.
The database is build upon the manufacture info, (ofcouse). But when these manufacture info are faulty (or something is wrong/faulty in the device), then the database will be wrong as well… It´s not that the database is wrong by purpose. It just happen to be on this specific matter, because the manufacture has made an mistake. I´m positive there is not a temperature sensor, (or it´s not active). But the manufacture forgot to tell or activated it.

Has the manufacturer stated that this device doesn’t have a temperature sensor? If so, we can remove it from the database. However, are you sure that this is the case for all such devices? If not, and it is enabled in some devices, then we need to leave it - in this case the database is correct.

Either way, I don’t mind. We try to make the database as correct as possible, but it’s hard to work around manufacturers who don’t provide unique device identifications, or incorrectly report their services etc.

1 Like

I have not seen any official announcement about this missing temperature sensor. But I have seen quite a few people all around saying the same. I have yet to see someone saying, it is there and working. (This doesnt prove anything, I know). The devices isn´t manufactured anymore, as far as I know. Maybe due to this fault.
Like I have mentioned a few times - There is a huge mix-up going on with this device. The device I´m speaking about looks like a ball. It´s mixed up with the same device which looks like a golf ball. The one looking like a golf ball DO have the temperature sensor. I even think there are two versions looking the same. But I have not been able to get any confirmation in this one. People simply tend to mix up the devices, which is why some say it´s there and it´s working.

I know Chris… Thats why I dont blame the database. I just mentioned it, cause the devices get its info through the database, which will show the user there is a temperature sensor. But it doesnt work.
I dont mind it´s there, thats because I know it isn´t working. And since it´s not manufactured any longer. I believe the chances someone buy it, is quite low.
So in all, it´s not a huge problem.

1 Like

I just made a short dig into this issue (again)…
Seems like there IS a newer version of the device looking exactly the same (Neo CoolCam motion sensor V2, SKU NEOEMS02Z). This one has a working temperature sensor…

My bet is, the V1 has the problem with the missing temperature sensor, and thats probably the one I have, (not sure how I can tell though. Maybe there is a label inside telling… I´ll have a look tonight).
I wonder if the V2 sensor has the same Type / ID. If it does have the same Type / ID, then this is where the problem is. And there is not way to fix it in the database, except for a short note to the user about the problem with V1 vs V2. But we´ll need confirmation from a user having the V2 of this device to be able to know.

@chris I just compared my sensor xml files.
ID 0003:008d has a temperature sensor.
ID 0003:0083 does not have a temperature sensor.
There are 4 IDs in the current listing. Should this be somehow split out into a separate item?

Yes, probably it should, however I don’t think that will change anything - if the sensor doesn’t work (As seems to be the case), then it still won’t work if you split the database.

Correct.
There is just a channel that does not work.