[solved] OH3 Error installing boot features

Hello, Sorry, I am still not a Linux person- I don’t know what I messed up :frowning: I had a working RPi4 with openhabian 2.5 and ran the Version 3 migration from ssh configuration tool. It did error on first try. I rebooted the PI and tried again, it worked then. It was up and running, I was redoing some of the rules as they did not work anymore, while others worked. All of a sudden system became unresponsive over the web interface. SSH worked still fine- so no connection issue. I have no idea what I have done… I tried to stop OH service, and clean cache and restart but then I got

[SEVERE] [org.apache.karaf.main.Main] - Could not launch framework

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error initializing storage.
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxContainer.<init>(EquinoxContainer.java:70)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.launch.Equinox.<init>(Equinox.java:31)

Which I tried to fix with

but now I am getting

[ERROR] [ternal.service.BootFeaturesInstaller] - Error installing boot features

org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-runtime-base; type=karaf.feature; version="[3.0.0,3.0.0]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-runtime-base)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=3.0.0)(version<=3.0.0))" [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-runtime-base/3.0.0: missing requirement [openhab-runtime-base/3.0.0] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-core-io-console-karaf; type=karaf.feature [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-core-io-console-karaf/3.0.0: missing requirement [openhab-core-io-console-karaf/3.0.0] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-core-base; type=karaf.feature [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-core-base/3.0.0: missing requirement [openhab-core-base/3.0.0] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=org.openhab.core.automation; type=osgi.bundle; version="[3.0.0,3.0.0]"; resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.core.automation/3.0.0: missing requirement [org.openhab.core.automation/3.0.0] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.core)(version>=3.0.0)(!(version>=4.0.0)))" [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.core/3.0.0: missing requirement [org.openhab.core/3.0.0] osgi.ee; filter:="(&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=11))"]]]]]

at org.apache.felix.resolver.Candidates$MissingRequirementError.toException(Candidates.java:1343) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]

at org.apache.felix.resolver.ResolverImpl.doResolve(ResolverImpl.java:392) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]

at org.apache.felix.resolver.ResolverImpl.resolve(ResolverImpl.java:378) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]

at org.apache.felix.resolver.ResolverImpl.resolve(ResolverImpl.java:332) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]

at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.region.SubsystemResolver.resolve(SubsystemResolver.java:257) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:393) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.doProvision(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1062) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.lambda$doProvisionInThread$13(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:998) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:1.8.0_275]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:1.8.0_275]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:1.8.0_275]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_275]

Any tips? But besides- the new OH3 looks AWESOME… you guys have put in a lot of work. this is a new paradigm it seems! Thank you for that!

1 Like

Talking to myself, maybe it helps someone. I could use ssh to run openhab-config and re-installed Zulu11. This seems to have fixed it. What broke it in the first place- I have not got any idea…

1 Like

Thank you, I got the same issue and for me Zulu11 installation fixed it.