[SOLVED] OH3 Issue - "Model" Page endless loading - Maximum call stack size exceeded in app.js

Hi all,
I have a problem with the “Model” page in OH3.
After the migration it worked without problems for 2 days. After I started to maintain the metadata here (80% done) the page doesn’t load anymore. It then looks like this:

This remains the case even after 30 minutes.
I do not find any error message in the log in this context.

Maybe someone can help here?

What I did so far:

  • restarted several times
  • clean-cache

Thank you.

Greetz,
Christoph

Hi,

I have the same problem here.
Raspberry pi , openhab 3.0 stable with 196 items.
I edit some items to make some corrections and suddenly no more semantic model page.
Only an eternal “loading” message.
Rebooted several times without any success , rest is working fine.

Any idea to fix the problem?

Thanks

Patrick

Anything in the openHAB or event logs?

In my case there is no hint in the event log.

My installation: OH3 on a Mini PC with Intel Atom, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, Zulu JRE, approx. 80 things and 200 items.

It was the same here. The error occured after I edited some items in the model.
The only comforting thing: since others seem to have the problem as well, it’s probably not because I did something wrong…

Not that i can see. Only a lot of those WARN errors :

020-12-26 14:16:04.708 [WARN ] [jdbc.internal.JdbcPersistenceService] - JDBC::store: No connection to database. Cannot persist item ‘SNMPT1600G28PS_SysUptime (Type=NumberItem, State=882967016, Label=T1600G28 SNMP Sys Uptime, Category=time, Tags=[Measurement, Timestamp], Groups=[Network])’! Will retry connecting to database when error count:0 equals errReconnectThreshold:0
2020-12-26 14:16:08.244 [WARN ] [persistence.jdbc.internal.JdbcMapper] - JDBC::openConnection: no driver available!
2020-12-26 14:16:08.250 [WARN ] [persistence.jdbc.internal.JdbcMapper] - JDBC::openConnection: no driver available!

No ERROR logs in the file.

Patrick

That looks interesting. I have not worked with JDBC though. Those errors look persistence related. That may or may not apply to your issue.

Probably this is a real bug within OH3 since it occured with others as well and as it seems during the same circumstances…

Hi there,

I’m still struggling with this issue. What I tried in the meantime:

  1. stopped openHAB
  2. Backed up config with openhab-cli
  3. removed whe whole installation with sudo apt --purge openhab
  4. installed openhab from repo
  5. restored configuration with openhab-cli

Problem remains exactly the same.

Honestly meanwhile I’m somewhat at a loss. Isn’t there really no option / idea to “debug” what’s going on there?

Thanks
Christoph

I have the same problem with my installation. I migrated from 2.5 and had the issue from the beginning. I have no errors or warnings in my log file.

Any hint for a solution would be appreciated.

Right after migration it worked for 2 days. The issue came up after I started editing some objects in the model page.
So I’m not sure if it is directly related to the migration.

The issue is solved for me. In my case the browser was the problem.

I had the described problems with Safari 11 on my old MacBook. Once I tried a modern browser everything worked fine.

Unfortunately this does not solve the issue in my case.

I tried

  • Vivaldi (my default)
  • Google Chrome
  • Microsoft Edge

I cleared cache an Browserdata in any case.
But the page is still not loading - with none of them.

Geetings
Christoph

The same just happened to my installation. After having done a lot of editing in the model, all of a sudden the “loading” started and so far has not come to an end …

No hint in the logs.

I tried multiple restarts, cleaning the cache, changing the web browser, moving to the latest OH snapshot release - all without any success.

Is there any file specific to the model that may be corrupt?

I really think that we are dealing with a serious bug, since it already affects several people, and the story of how it happens is always the same. Also with me it was broken after many changes. But that’s what the overview is for.

Can someone submit an official bug report?

Especially since I can’t find a solution.

Do you have a fresh installation or a migrated one?

After a lot of “trial & error” I found a fix for my problem:

In my case it was the file

org.openhab.core.items.Item.json

in directory jsondb that caused the issue. I replaced it with one of the most recent backups and after cleaning the cache and restarting OH I could again access the model page. Not clear what the root cause was but I’m happy to have an operating model again.

Hope that helps anyone.

1 Like

Too bad I don’t have a backup from before the condition. I would have done that when I was done.
I would consider this a workaround because you lose the last item configuration. And if it happens again…

Strange that there are no errors in the log when the file is broken.

I had a similar problem with the .json file for the rules.

See here:
[SOLVED] OH3 Issue: unable to create rules, scripts, schedules

But the solution there is no option for > 350 items.

By the way, the problem also makes Blockly more or less unusable because I can’t add items to the scripts.

Developer Tool in Chrome says the following opening the Model page:

Uncaught (in promise) RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded
    at Ee.walk (app.js:7)
    at new Ee (app.js:7)
    at Te (app.js:7)
    at Ee.observeArray (app.js:7)
    at new Ee (app.js:7)
    at Te (app.js:7)
    at Object.set [as equipment] (app.js:7)
    at o.getChildren (app.js:27)
    at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
    at o.getChildren (app.js:27)

Just to be sure if the issue is not caused by the

org.openhab.core.items.Item.json

I put it’s content into ja Json Validator.

At least the syntax seems to be error free.