[SOLVED] Openhab 2.5.0M1 keeps trying to install yahoo binding

I had Openhab version 2.3, with several bindings (including Yahoo one) I upgraded it first to 2.4 and then to 2.5 M1.
Now I see that Yahoo binding is gone in Paper UI, but in the logs (openhab.log) I’m spammed with:

2019-03-22 16:07:11.007 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-yahooweather'
2019-03-22 16:08:09.358 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-yahooweather'
2019-03-22 16:09:08.840 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-yahooweather'
2019-03-22 16:10:10.061 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-yahooweather'
2019-03-22 16:11:10.191 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-yahooweather'
2019-03-22 16:12:10.136 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-yahooweather'
2019-03-22 16:13:15.857 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-yahooweather'

How to get rid of this? Is there a way to access the addons DB table and remove it somehow manually?

Thanks,

1 Like
1 Like

Thank you, that was it.

Sorry, my mistake.
This doesn’t work :frowning:
I still see Failed installing 'openhab-binding-yahooweather' in logs

Hi Krzysztof

Is the binding by chance in your addons config defined?
I would also check the jsondb file…

regards
Stefan

No, my addons.cfg is empty.

How can I check jsondb file?

depends how you installed OH
If you installed it as deb package you would find those files in /var/lib/openhab2/jsondb

regards
Stefan

OK, I installed a deb package, I see files there, but when I do:
grep -i -R yahoo /var/lib/openhab2/jsondb

I get nothing.

check if you have something in: /var/lib/openhab2/tmp/mvn/org/openhab/binding

you could also try a cleanup using the normal methods:

1. stop openhab
  2. rm -rf /var/lib/openhab2/tmp/*
  3. rm -rf /var/lib/openhab2/cache/*
  4. start openhab

but you probably already tried that

Hmm, I think I found it.
/var/lib/openhab2/config/org/openhab/addons.config contained yahoo weather binding (I assumed addons are configured in /etc/openhab2/services/addons.cfg)

I removed it and for now I don’t see anythin like that in the logs (now just influxdb stopped logging data :slight_smile: )

1 Like