[SOLVED] OpenHAB 2.5 RC 1 Critical Issues

Critical issues for 2.5 Release Candidate 1 go here.

2 Likes

For me after updating to RC1 all MQTT state updates are gone. Commands still working, but states are not updated. Reverting now to M6…

Ps.: Reverted back to M6, MQTT is functional again. So I must think that one of the MQTT related commits broke something seriously…

1 Like

Here are some issues that have been around since M2, but have not yet been deemed critical. If they are not going to be resolved, I think people should at least be aware of them.

• Two restarts needed after cache is cleared (github) (closed but is still very much an issue)
    • Related to above… Items not found after displaying sitemap or executing rules (resolved after second restart) (github)
    • Also related to above… Exception in opening zip file (I think this may only affect manually installed addons and goes away after a second restart) (github
  • Scripted automation is broken on Windows (github)
4 Likes

I guess we are just ignoring the issue with zwave on Windoz?

1 Like

Please turn on trace logging.

I will try to update my test system to RC1 and reproduce the error there. I can’t use it like this in my main system, unfortunately almost everything relies on the MQTT binding…

same here, mqtt state updates seem to be disfunctional

1 Like

[ERROR] [nding.ebus.handler.EBusBridgeHandler] - error! after updating to RC1:

==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==
2019-12-10 10:53:09.655 [ERROR] [nding.ebus.handler.EBusBridgeHandler] - error!
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at org.openhab.binding.ebus.handler.EBusBridgeHandler$1.run(EBusBridgeHandler.java:203) [bundleFile:?]
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:1.8.0_112]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308) [?:1.8.0_112]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [?:1.8.0_112]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294) [?:1.8.0_112]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) [?:1.8.0_112]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) [?:1.8.0_112]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_112]

Did not have this kind of error before RC1, had MS3, MS4, MS5 and MS6 installed

Werner

I don’t see the EBus Binding beeing available in openHAB2-addons, so this is something to be addressed to the binding author, not a critical issue within RC1.

I have the same issue. Running MQTT connection to a Mosquitto server.

When reported by only one person running Windows without current patches? There are many others running successfully on Windows.

It’s there for me. Try clearing browser cache.

The log extract shows an openHAB2 Binding version (BridgeHandler) which is not in the distro. You are refering to an openHAB1 Binding.

1 Like

@wseifert needs to open a GitHub issue on the GitHub binding repo then.

MQTT-Problems as above described from others

My MQTT also stopped working.
Upgraded from M6 to RC1

MQTT issues as described above - same here.
Commands sent
State Updates fail

MQTT or MQTT1 binding?

The MQTT 2.X binding

Please open an issue on GitHub if there is not already one.