[SOLVED] OpenHAB 2.5 RC 1 Critical Issues

do NOT upgrade to 2.5 stable until the official announcement.
Some people who did not wait have installed a buggy build.

And if you already did, a simple downgrade solves the problem so no big worriesā€¦

1 Like

2.5 stable has been released.

2 Likes

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but since Iā€™m mentioned I figured I might also update my status (in line with previous comments, btw). I backpedaled my test build and got rid of the issue. No corresponding issues - until I updated my production system to the latest build (2.5.3, I think) when looā€™ and behold, it happened again: Z-wave and 433 MHz (both USB devices) started to blink on and offline.

I found the suggested solution to look for incorrectly loaded bindings and found error statements for Expire. I uninstalled, I commented out in configuration files and got rid of that error - and it did indeed fix the on/off-line behavior. Incidentally, I also figured out why my Expire binding didnā€™t load properly (an old item with incorrect format), fixed and reinstalled that. All is now fine.

So, I concur that anyone experiencing this should look for bindings not correctly loading.

How to look for this?
If the log doesnt show anything, and things do seem to run just fine. ItĀ“s fair to assume everything has loaded just fine.

An incorrect setting in an item (wether its a format issue or anything else), should be reported through the log file. If not, it should not cause serious issues.

1. Search the forum.
  2. OH stores its addon list in an addons.config file in the userdata tree. Stop OH before editing. A big culprit is restdocs because its location changed.

Searching the forum for incorrectly loaded bindings is only suitable, if you already have a incorrected loaded binding showing in the logfile.
Remember, this issue assume there are no evidence of incorrect loading anywhere. Thats why IĀ“d ask.

addons.cfg may be a good opputunity to look for bindings not working. But many of us doesnt use addons.cfg at all. (all features are comment out on my in /service/addons.cfg ).
And again, if there are no evidence of any bindings loaded incorrectly, this is like searching for something not really there.

The addons.config is the definitive file. It can be some other addon. Not just bindings. I think this behavior changed when the Karaf version was updated.