[SOLVED] Openhab2 - Xiaomi Mi Gateway - does not respond

Yes I can confirm it looks like in the picture, also the same model DGNWG02LM.

1 Like

Strangely enough my GW started to work again yesterday. I had what I think was an unrelated router issue and had to restart my wifi router multiple times.
Some 30 minutes after I noticed that the GW was working again. This leads me to that there are other things impacting this then just the FWđŸ€”

Thanks for the new info @Jebo. I’ve updated my previous posts accordingly. The behavior remains consistent then; working units continue to work.

I’ll hopefully have another (more positive) data point soon. Ordered a GW from Gearbest to compare to the unit I got from eBay (non working) :crossed_fingers:

Good luck! :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

I have recently updated to 161
firmware my both gateways still works
 i think problem is with new Models in which Details are written in Circular Form.

I have this much information from Analysis. I have both Gateways. Firmware is not the issue

Old Gateway as show in picture works fine even after firmware upgrade.

3 Likes

Hi

Using Xiaomi Mi and OpenHAB since one year.

Here is the data from one of my 3 Gateways - still working. Hope it helps to find the problem.

Jan

Thank you, @asking, your post introduced very important information.
Could I ask the other users in this thread to check if the back of the devices match the above picture? That is, for “round text description” - it does not work, for “squared text” the udp protocol works fine?

If we confirm this information, we may need to edit the openhab documentation to warn future users.

Of course, this does not mean that the problem has been solved.

Confirm that I have the round text description on the device and it’s not working on udp protocol

Hi,

My brand new gateway has the “round text description”, and is not working with OH.
MAC Adress : 78:11:DC:XX:XX:XX
Developer mode enabled, UDP ports 9898/4321 on Gateway are desperately closed

Finding this thread at least confirm me I’m not alone in the dark
:wink:

3 Gateways still working lumi.gateway.v3 ver 1,4.1_161.0143 server china
mac 1 28:6c:07
mac 2 34:CE:00
mac 3 28:6C:07

@Josep_Xavier_Sellart do they have text printen in round on the back like picture above?

According to previous image, old gateway,
1 year and several months

Hi @asking. Thanks for the very helpful post!

As @wojciech.fred has requested, can we get a check in with people in the table above to fill in if you have the round text or square text please? In particular it would be interesting to get some responses from both working and non-working people.

@Jensen, @Dominik_Jeziorski, @wojciech.fred, @dimalo, @Jebo, @bartsnijder, @Olymp & @rsx2007.

Thanks for your cooperation :smile:

Round text

Square and working.

Round and working
 BUT still on fw version .159 so this won’t give you much more extra info I guess

Here are my inputs to fulfill the table :
MAC Adress : 78:11:DC:XX:XX:XX
FW : 1.4.1_161
RT/ST : RT
WPPU : Y
Working : N ;( (and never have)

server : Mainland china

Rounded text and of course not working ;).

Hi guys,

On the HA forum I read about somebody getting it to work again. I did not do any deep investigation and I cannot try myself since I’m still on old working FW but those with problems please give it a try.