[Solved] Snapshot #930 not starting properly

Indeed it seems there are still major issues. I am on #934. Habpanel works, but Basic UI shows this:

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /basicui/app. Reason:

Server Error
Caused by:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Value must be between 0 and 100
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.PercentType.validateValue(PercentType.java:50)
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.PercentType.<init>(PercentType.java:45)
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.DecimalType.as(DecimalType.java:153)
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.items.GenericItem.getStateAs(GenericItem.java:87)
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl.convertState(ItemUIRegistryImpl.java:485)
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl.getState(ItemUIRegistryImpl.java:464)
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.basic.internal.render.AbstractWidgetRenderer.getState(AbstractWidgetRenderer.java:229)
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.basic.internal.render.AbstractWidgetRenderer.preprocessSnippet(AbstractWidgetRenderer.java:92)
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.basic.internal.render.SliderRenderer.renderWidget(SliderRenderer.java:48)
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.basic.internal.render.PageRenderer.renderWidget(PageRenderer.java:164)
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.basic.internal.render.PageRenderer.processChildren(PageRenderer.java:129)
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.basic.internal.render.PageRenderer.processChildren(PageRenderer.java:150)
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.basic.internal.render.PageRenderer.processPage(PageRenderer.java:92)
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.basic.internal.servlet.WebAppServlet.service(WebAppServlet.java:152)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:812)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:587)
	at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceServletHandler.doHandle(HttpServiceServletHandler.java:71)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:577)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:223)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1127)
	at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceContext.doHandle(HttpServiceContext.java:287)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:515)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:185)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1061)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)
	at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.JettyServerHandlerCollection.handle(JettyServerHandlerCollection.java:80)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:97)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:499)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:311)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:257)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$2.run(AbstractConnection.java:544)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:635)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:555)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Also, the whole system is very (!) slow and unreactive.

read this too late

minutes ago upgraded to latest build

issue still persists!

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.101.v20150820-1432.jar:]

2017-06-05 12:52:14.212 [ERROR] [xbase.resource.BatchLinkableResource] - resolution of uriFragment ‘|::0.2.0.2.0.0.2.1.0.0::0::/1’ failed.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: ScriptServiceUtil not initialized yet!
at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.script.ScriptServiceUtil.getInstance(ScriptServiceUtil.java:88)
at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.script.ScriptServiceUtil.getActionServices(ScriptServiceUtil.java:114)
at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.script.internal.engine.ServiceTrackerActionServiceProvider.get(ServiceTrackerActionServiceProvider.java:21)
at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.script.internal.engine.ServiceTrackerActionServiceProvider.get(ServiceTrackerActionServiceProvider.java:1)
at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.script.scoping.ScriptImplicitlyImportedTypes.getActionClasses(ScriptImplicitlyImportedTypes.java:100)
at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.script.scoping.ScriptImplicitlyImp

I had similar problems with #934 and #938

did you revert to 925?

Almost: #921

@sjka
hey simon. the issue seems still to persist. can you have a look?

I also have major issues, not all bindings start,
I can start them on karaf but still not all works corectly.

Try clearing your cache directory. That worked for me with jumping up to yesterday’s Bui!d from one before the errors started being reported.

@shorty707 does cleaning the cache directory help in your case?

@sjka I also still have the issue with build #938. Log files got spammed with this error message, filling 10x 10Mb log files. Clearing the temp and cache directory ultimately got openHAB running again after a 20’ start with still lots of these errors being logged. I provided more detail in the issue.

All, the latest distro #944 contains further fixes, with which I cannot see the exception anymore - in my tests, it all starts up stable and nicely (actually better than ever before).

May I ask you all to test this as well and provide feedback here? Note that it is mainly about “ScriptServiceUtil not initialized yet” exceptions and possibly systems that do not come up at all - any other kind of bug reports are better off in separate topics. Thanks!

2 Likes

I can’t get the new build to start up. It appears to be hanging on my harmony. But I noticed it didn’t load at least the serial binding during startup.

Edit: Actually looks like the Sonos binding. Is there a way to block it from loading:

2017-06-09 12:18:23.320 [ERROR] [org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.sonos ] - FrameworkEvent ERROR - org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.sonos
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unable to acquire the state change lock for the module: osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.sonos"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="0.9.0.201706091022" [id=191] STOPPED [STARTED]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.lockStateChange(Module.java:329)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.101.v20150820-1432.jar:]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.stop(Module.java:480)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.101.v20150820-1432.jar:]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.decStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1623)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.101.v20150820-1432.jar:]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1542)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.101.v20150820-1432.jar:]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.SystemModule.stopWorker(SystemModule.java:248)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.101.v20150820-1432.jar:]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle$SystemBundle$EquinoxSystemModule.stopWorker(EquinoxBundle.java:144)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.101.v20150820-1432.jar:]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.doStop(Module.java:626)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.101.v20150820-1432.jar:]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.stop(Module.java:488)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.101.v20150820-1432.jar:]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.SystemModule.stop(SystemModule.java:186)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.101.v20150820-1432.jar:]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle$SystemBundle$EquinoxSystemModule$1.run(EquinoxBundle.java:159)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.101.v20150820-1432.jar:]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)[:1.8.0_131]

@Kai Here’s the log of all errors and warning during my latest start attempt. Letting it run for a while to see if it gets going:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B77VHtwPft8eYzlrNkstcW5xdFE

Unfortunately same here … as already with #934, #938 and #940.
System starts up, after about 10 min the logging stops, although service is still running and active.
Service restart does not help. Most of the bindings and runtime components are resolved, but not active.
Deleting cache and tmp, then restarting service seems to help, system is now up and running, will do more tests to verify full functionality.

That got me partially back up (deleted cache earlier but forgot about tmp). Unfortunately that only brought up the basicUI. Without PaperUI, I can’t get the serial binding loaded to get my Zwave back on line. Going to roll back to an earlier version and try from there.

@rgerrans & @sihui:

You both seem to have messed up installations and definitely no clean way to upgrade or downgrade. In the log I see e.g.

A bundle is already installed with the name “org.openhab.binding.zwave” and version “2.1.0.201705281057”

which clearly shows that there is old stuff left.
So how do you actually do your upgrade? I thought that apt-get upgrade always clears the cache and tmp folders (or is this wrong, @Benjy?) and thus it should not make any difference whether you manually clean it or not.

If PaperUI is on status resolved just make it active with bundle:start <id>

I’m running Chrs’s snapshot Zwave binding so that might be what is causing that part.

I’m just doing an apt-get update/upgrade

worked since months without any problems …

Edit: with #934, #938 and #940 I even did a clean install and only copied back my conf folder and my host.key.

Almost every bundle is resolved but not active…