[SOLVED] Tkb_tz65d as TZ35S

Can you recommend any particular type of z-wave switch?

What is device id?

Recommendations for Z-Wave can be region specific. I just installed an inexpensive switch from Zooz but it is only for US, Canada, and Mexico.

:confused: What do you mean by this? There is no “group 4 in the network”. A group number is only valid for each device - commands are not sent to groups at all, but are sent to the nodes in a group defined on each device.

In general, nodes have no visibility of groups on any other devices other than themselves.

Am I correct that the controller is in the association group marked “controller” and there should only be one group per device with that flag set?

Normally, yes, but this naming is not consistent. For ZWave+ devices, there is a clear policy - older devices have no such requirement and different manufacturers do different things.

It depends… For ZWave+ devices there is a clear policy. There is only 1 lifeline group, and the controller should only be in this group under most conditions. For older devices it very much comes down to how the manufacturer designed the device and sometimes multiple links to the controller may be needed.

Care should be taken when adding the controller in multiple groups though as this can cause problems due to message duplication, so you need to understand what is happening.

What do you mean with the device ID? The node ID in openhab?
This is node 74…

The module ID is TZ36D, as you can see in the rest api, here below

{
  "statusInfo": {
    "status": "ONLINE",
    "statusDetail": "NONE"
  },
  "editable": true,
  "label": "Sch_2Knops",
  "bridgeUID": "zwave:serial_zstick:2f4ef5d0",
  "configuration": {
    "binding_cmdrepollperiod": 1500,
    "group_4": [
      "controller"
    ],
    "action_failed": false,
    "group_1": [
      "controller"
    ],
    "action_remove": false,
    "group_3": [
      "controller"
    ],
    "binding_pollperiod": 3600,
    "group_2": [
      "controller"
    ],
    "action_heal": false,
    "config_1_1": 1,
    "switchall_mode": 255,
    "config_2_1": 1,
    "action_reinit": false,
    "config_3_1": 1,
    "config_4_1": 0,
    "config_5_1": 0,
    "node_id": 74
  },
  "properties": {
    "zwave_class_basic": "BASIC_TYPE_ROUTING_SLAVE",
    "zwave_class_generic": "GENERIC_TYPE_SWITCH_BINARY",
    "zwave_neighbours": "1,32",
    "modelId": "TZ36D",
    "zwave_version": "2.1",
    "zwave_plus_devicetype": "NODE_TYPE_ZWAVEPLUS_NODE",
    "versionMin": "2.1",
    "vendor": "TKB Home",
    "defaultAssociations": "1,2,3,4",
    "zwave_routing": "true",
    "zwave_beaming": "true",
    "zwave_secure": "false",
    "zwave_class_specific": "SPECIFIC_TYPE_POWER_SWITCH_BINARY",
    "zwave_devicetype": "3",
    "zwave_frequent": "false",
    "zwave_listening": "true",
    "manufacturerId": "0118",
    "manufacturerRef": "0003:0003,0311:0202",
    "dbReference": "605",
    "zwave_deviceid": "3",
    "zwave_nodeid": "74",
    "zwave_lastheal": "2019-08-20T00:38:50Z",
    "zwave_plus_roletype": "ROLE_TYPE_SLAVE_ALWAYS_ON",
    "zwave_manufacturer": "280"
  },
  "UID": "zwave:device:2f4ef5d0:node74",
  "thingTypeUID": "zwave:tkb_tz36d_02_001",
  "channels": [
    {
      "linkedItems": [
        "Sch_2Knops_Binary"
      ],
      "uid": "zwave:device:2f4ef5d0:node74:switch_binary",
      "id": "switch_binary",
      "channelTypeUID": "zwave:switch_binary",
      "itemType": "Switch",
      "kind": "STATE",
      "label": "Switch",
      "description": "Switch the power on and off",
      "defaultTags": [],
        "binding:*:OnOffType": "COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY,COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC"
      },
      "configuration": {}
    },
    {
      "linkedItems": [
        "Sch_2Knops"
      ],
      "uid": "zwave:device:2f4ef5d0:node74:scene_number",
      "id": "scene_number",
      "channelTypeUID": "zwave:scene_number",
      "itemType": "Number",
      "kind": "STATE",
      "label": "Scene Number",
      "description": "Triggers when a scene button is pressed",
      "defaultTags": [],
        "binding:*:DecimalType": "COMMAND_CLASS_SCENE_ACTIVATION"
      },
      "configuration": {}
    }
  ],
  "location": "Achtertuin"
}

I was thinking of adding a zwave relay (ZW-A) in the network, that listen to group 4.
Once the button (ZW-B) is pushed, it sends his signal to group 4, and ZW-A gets on.
When ZW-A is being triggered, this can be picked up by OpenHAB?

Or do I see zwave groups the wrong way?

There really is no such concept of a device “listening” to a group.

Yes - it is SENDING a message to the devices that are configured within this devices association group 4. So it you configure a light in group 4, then that light will be switched when you press the button.

I don’t know what you mean by this? If the second switch is trigged through a command, as I think you mean here (??) then it will not send another command to openHAB (sorry - I’m not sure that I understand so apologies if I’ve misinterpreted).

The button is sending a signal to group 4.
And when the light (fe Fibaro Double Relay) in group 4 is switched on, this should be seen by OH, no?
With a simple rule, I should then be able to switch a KNX relay, based on the zwave relay in group 4.

Only if you have the controller in group 4 of the original device.

I came across this topic whilst looking into setting up openHAB with one of the TKB Home light switches.

I don’t know much about how openHAB works but would it be possible when adding a device to check if it is one that shares the device ID? If it does share the device ID then you could have a dropdown to select the correct device.

This seems like it would work for all devices that share device IDs without having to hard code fixes for each set of shared devices. I guess this is where you tell me my understanding is all wrong!

The 3 pieces of manufacturer, device type, & device ID (and sometimes formare version) are what is used to uniquely identify the device as per the Z-Wave standard. You cannot change a primary database key.

Hi I have exactly the same issue as you with the same device TZ65D being recognised as a TZ35S. I have downloaded the two .sh files. Can you explain to me how to make the changes? I tried running the -jar script but if fails?

Many thx in advance!

Vincent

Did you find a fix for this?

The fix for this is to buy a device where the manufacturer does not reuse the same ID for multiple devices. There is no other way to identify them.

They are defective by design.

Thats not so good, i’ve a few of them about the house and use the second paddle to control other devices

Migrating away from Vera to OpenHAB, all the other devices so far have worked great in OpenHAB, a much better platform!

Will this scripts work (with modifications) for OH3 as well?

I do not know about the script but the processes that script performs will work with OH3 with appropriate changes to naming. I would tend to recommend that you try manually, so if anything goes wrong, you will have a better understanding.

Recently there was a similar effort on an ecolink device here that you may study as well as the posting above that explains the process for OH2.5.

Good luck

Thanks. Yes, it worked.