[SOLVED] Vision Door/Windows sensor zd2102 open/close and tamper are not triggered to different events

I’m using sensor with firmware 5.1

Item:
Contact DoorSensor03 “windows 03 [MAP(de.map):%s]” { channel=“zwave:device:15a7a49f3a6:node6:sensor_door”}
Switch DoorSensor03_Sabotage “windows 03 Sabotage [%s]” { channel=“zwave:device:15a7a49f3a6:node6:alarm_burglar”}

If I open case, nothing will happen, no tamper alarm
if I move magnet both are triggered
2017-05-07 11:04:41.832 [ItemStateChangedEvent ] - DoorSensor03_Sabotage changed from ON to OFF
2017-05-07 11:04:41.840 [ItemStateChangedEvent ] - DoorSensor03 changed from OPEN to CLOSED

Which means tamper alarm is not recognized and contact open/close is misrouted to alarm_burglar too.

If I use contact instead of switch for alarm_burglar it is not recognized at all. Nothing in the log.

what to do?

I don’t know why this would be the case. The database looks to be configured to distinguish between these two channels.

http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/105

Very strange - the debug information should clearly not stop, or change even, if you change the configuration of an item as this should not impact what the device is sending, and therefore the information that the binding is logging.

Please provide a debug log showing the different cases and I’ll have a look.

Yesterday I used the lastest z-wave 2.1.0 snapshot and this one reacts a little bit different to the older one, but not correct. I try to send a debug log today.

Hi chris,

now I’ve done the debug for this device. Hopefully you can see the problem.

Device:
Node 6: Vision ZD2102
Type/ID: 2001:0106
Firmware Version: 5.1

items:
Contact DoorSensor03 “Sensor 3 [MAP(de.map):%s]” {channel=“zwave:device:15a7a49f3a6:node6:sensor_door”}
Switch DoorSensor03_Sabotage “Sensor 3 Tamper [%s]” {channel=“zwave:device:15a7a49f3a6:node6:alarm_burglar”}

This device has a door/open contact, a tamper contact and a enternal switch (binary contact) if parameter 1 is set.
In the documentation of Vision ZD2102:

The ZD2102 sensor equipped with tamper switch. If the cover of sensor is removed, the door sensor will send an alarm report (type:01, level:11) to the Z-Wave

External Switch: If your window needs two sensors for fully monitoring. You could use an external switch to connect with the ZD2102 for extending detection. The ZD2102 has 2 normally closed contact terminals. These can be used for additional external switch wired contacts. The external switch will send an alarm report (type:01,level:11) by opening the window/door.
For me this means, the external switch acts as tamper switch in this case too. Which means, I can seperate door/open (sensor_door event) from external switch open (alarm_burglar event). But I cannot seperate tamper alarm from external switch open/close, because both will be alarm_burglar event.

My problem is, that the two events comes in parallel and not as expected. See my discovery.

What I’ve done:

Starting with:

1. door/window contact closed, tamper contact closed, binary contact closed

2. 2017-05-28 10:59:11.826
    door/window contact changed to open

event log:
DoorSensor03_Sabotage changed from OFF to ON
DoorSensor03 changed from CLOSED to OPEN
wrong, only DoorSensor03 should change status not DoorSensor03_Sabotage

1. 2017-05-28 11:00:41.593
    door/window contact open to closed
    DoorSensor03_Sabotage changed from ON to OFF
    DoorSensor03 changed from OPEN to CLOSED
    wrong, only DoorSensor03 should change status not DoorSensor03_Sabotage

2. 2017-05-28 11:01:38.687
    tamper changed from close to open
    correct only DoorSensor03_Sabotage

3. 2017-05-28 11:02:26.969
    tamper changed from open to close
    correct only DoorSensor03_Sabotage

4. 2017-05-28 11:03:46.739
    binary contact changed from close to open
    DoorSensor03 changed from CLOSED to OPEN
    wrong, as written in the documentation, the external binary contact works similar to tamper contact. which means for me, if this contact goes to open the same event tamper was send from device, but this is not correct interpreted here, again both events are reported

5. 2017-05-28 11:04:46.419
    binary contact changed from open to close
    DoorSensor03 changed from OPEN to CLOSED
    wrong, as written in the documentation, the external binary contact works similar to tamper contact. which means for me, if this contact goes to close the same event tamper was send from device, but this is not correct interpreted here, again both events are reported

I attached the full openhab.log (renamed from .log to .xml because of upload restrictions), the commented log (renamed from .txt to .xml because of upload restrictions) and the device XML-file

Hopefully you can work on it and find the problem.

node6.xml (8.7 KB)
openhab.xml (55.2 KB)
commented log.xml (57.3 KB)

If I should test something, just send me a post here

It looks like the problem is with the BASIC command class which is being interpreted incorrectly by both handlers - I’ve removed this from the database so let’s see if that solves the problem. I’ll look to do an update tonight.

perfect. You will add the change here?

openhab.ci.cloudbees.com/job/openHAB2-Bundles/lastStableBuild/org.openhab.binding$org.openhab.binding.zwave/artifact/org.openhab.binding/org.openhab.binding.zwave/2.1.0-SNAPSHOT/org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

Yes - I’ll do it later today/tonight… If it doesn’t solve the issue then post another log, but I hope it will be ok…

we will see :wink:

Just post me a message here if you have done the fix.

Done…

203 | Active | 80 | 2.1.0.201705272247 | ZWave Binding

Is the binding really there?
openhab.ci.cloudbees.com/job/openHAB2-Bundles/lastStableBuild/org.openhab.binding$org.openhab.binding.zwave/artifact/org.openhab.binding/org.openhab.binding.zwave/2.1.0-SNAPSHOT/org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

console log of cloudbees tells me:
00:55:26.207 | [INFO] ZWave Binding … SUCCESS [ 10.914 s]

Or should I wait for tomorrow to get the binding compiled?

Sorry - I got the link wrong. I thought that you were using the development version. In that case, yes, you will need to wait - sorry.

Ok, I will try it tomorrow and give you feedback.

I’ve tested current 2.1.0 snapshot today, problem not solved.

203 | Active | 80 | 2.1.0.201705282306 | ZWave Binding

Should I make a new debug log or try on newer version?

I’ve downloaded from here:

So you installed the new binding, deleted the thing and added it back again? Strange - I’m not sure what else to do at the moment - I don’t think another log will show anything different.

No, I just changed the binding and do not delete the thing.

I will try this too.

Then you still have the same thing as you had before - same thing = same result :wink:

I see. Now I deleted the thing and added it again. Partly working.

open/close comes alone now without tamper alarm ==> perfect
tamper alarm same, comes alone without door sensor ==> perfect

But the external switch is now acting as the door/window sensor not as the tamper switch.

In the documentation is written:
The ZD2102 sensor equipped with tamper switch. If the cover of sensor is removed, the door sensor will send an alarm report (type:01, level:11) to the Z-Wave

Should I send a new log only for this problem?

Sorry - I don’t understand.

The device only has 2 channels - a tamper and a door sensor. If I understand you correctly, these work fine? If there are more channels defined, then probably this needs to be added to the database.

You are right.

two channels
Contact DoorSensor03 {channel=“zwave:device:15a7a49f3a6:node6:sensor_door”}
Switch DoorSensor03_Sabotage {channel=“zwave:device:15a7a49f3a6:node6:alarm_burglar”}

But if I understood the documentation right the external switch acts in parallel to the tamper switch and not to the door open/close sensor:

The external switch will send an alarm report (type:01,level:11) by opening the window/door.

I will do a debug and see if there is a difference.

Ok, so the database would need to be updated to add the extra channel and to set the types for these channels. Please provide the XML.