[SOLVED] [XMPPClient] How to get PLAIN auth mech accepted by the smack library

Hi, I would like to use my existing XMPP setup to connect to openHAB, bu I encounter a problem when I try the XMPPclient binding. The following message is being displayed in the PaperUI on the Configuration->Things page for the XMPPClient:

Status: OFFLINE - COMMUNICATION_ERROR No supported and enabled SASL Mechanism provided by server. Server announced mechanisms: [PLAIN]. Registered SASL mechanisms with Smack: [SASL Mech: SCRAM-SHA-1-PLUS, Prio: 100, SASL Mech: SCRAM-SHA-1, Prio: 110, SASL Mech: X-OAUTH2, Prio: 410, SASL Mech: ANONYMOUS, Prio: 500]. Enabled SASL mechanisms for this connection: null. Blacklisted SASL mechanisms: [SCRAM-SHA-1-PLUS].

This message is pretty clear to me, and it’s smart to use anything else than PLAIN, but in my setup using LDAP on the XMPP server side forces me to use PLAIN (not to problematic because the XMPP connection is being made over TLS). Is there a posibiliy to use PLAIN with the Smack library for this binding?

Thanks in advance!

I figured it out myself :slight_smile:

adding:
SASLAuthentication.blacklistSASLMechanism(“SCRAM-SHA-1”);
SASLAuthentication.blacklistSASLMechanism(“DIGEST-MD5”);
SASLAuthentication.unBlacklistSASLMechanism(“PLAIN”);

to line 73 in bundles/org.openhab.binding.xmppclient/src/main/java/org/openhab/binding/xmppclient/internal/XMPPClient.java

fixed it.

Took some time before I discovered I needed the .kar file instead of the .jar which not included the needed deps.

Hi, I think I’m in the same situation…

COMMUNICATION_ERROR
No supported and enabled SASL Mechanism provided by server. Server announced mechanisms: [PLAIN]. Registered SASL mechanisms with Smack: [SASL Mech: SCRAM-SHA-1-PLUS, Prio: 100, SASL Mech: SCRAM-SHA-1, Prio: 110, SASL Mech: X-OAUTH2, Prio: 410, SASL Mech: ANONYMOUS, Prio: 500]. Enabled SASL mechanisms for this connection: null. Blacklisted SASL mechanisms: [SCRAM-SHA-1-PLUS].

Anyone know how to fix this for 3.3? To me it looks like the code has changed so I’m stumped!!

Moving over from 2.4 and v1 bindings is proving painful :frowning:

Thanks.