[SOLVED] Yahoo weather does not work anymore

As of today there is no temperature from Yahoo anymore in my UI. When checking the log:

2019-01-04 13:51:04.177 [WARN ] [al.connection.YahooWeatherConnection] - Communication error occurred while getting Yahoo weather information: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.net.UnknownHostException: query.yahooapis.com: No address associated with hostname
2019-01-04 13:56:04.205 [WARN ] [al.connection.YahooWeatherConnection] - Communication error occurred while getting Yahoo weather information: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.net.UnknownHostException: query.yahooapis.com: No address associated with hostname

Found this on the yahoo website:

Important EOL Notice: As of Thursday, Jan. 3, 2019, the weather.yahooapis.com and query.yahooapis.com for Yahoo Weather API will be retired.
To continue using our free Yahoo Weather APIs, use https://weather-ydn-yql.media.yahoo.com/forecastrss. Contact yahoo-weather-ydn-api@oath.com for credentials to onboard to this free Yahoo Weather API service.

What to do next?

kr

Han

1 Like

Indeed, and the binding will be removed as well for that exact reason:

So for example switch to Open Weather Map:

By the way, also see this topic:

1 Like

Cheers, will do! And I see that my search of the forum did not reveal that topic :persevere:

I canā€™t see the binding. However, I havenā€™t upgraded to openHAB 2.4 yet ā€“ does it require 2.4?

Have the sameā€¦ since 03jan19 21u51ā€¦

Why why why :angry: are these so called friendly services doing this.
The moment you start using some reliable service, its almost guaranteed it will be changed or stoppedā€¦ Very annoying.

Thanks Rolf for the workaround. Works fine for me (took me one hour to set up though).

same here cant find the bidning do i need 2.4?

yes, binding is only available for 2.4, which got me in a new situationā€¦

i have 2 OH installed on widnows , but now both on 2.4
thaks Yhaoo for making do this brave step :slight_smile:

If you are still on 2.3, and cannot or do not want to upgrade to 2.4 yet, you may use the Weather binding with Open Weather Map.

Edit:
It works, yet logs errors.