[SOLVED] Z-Wave unreliable in 2.5.0.M4

Ok. I’m going to try it, but not today. I’ll keep you informed.

1 Like

this is another difference between our implementations … I use items only with Binding like HTTP … with Zwave I use generic items, then I link the items to thing in PaperUI

I link ALL items via .items file.

Here is my neighbor map, according to last heal (see above):
It is very strange!

node1=controller, node2=repeater
node3 und node7 are downstairs.

GREEN = sees neighbor
RED = DOES NOT see neighbor

node 8,9,10 are the “problem nodes”!

Did you delete the OH Things (except the controller) and re-add? They will keep the same IDs but get new binding information.

1 Like

Originally I just updated. After finding the problems with the healing, I have deleted all zwave things (via PaperUI), also the controller, and have added these again using the previous ThingID.

Will try the same using a new ThingID.

I now have deleted all zwave things (via PaperUI), also the controller thing, and have added these again using a new ThingID. Same result. Healing of nodes 8, 9, 10 ("non listening nodes) FAILED. The result is even worse. No manual healing is possible anymore. I could post the DEBUG.log here if anyone cares. If not, no matter.

You can’t run a heal on a node unless it has been fully initialized? Are you sure it completed initialization?

There are new xml files in zwave folder. All information inside, but “last heal time”.

All channels of the things are getting new values (motion, tamper, temperature, illuminance, battery), all OK.

Where else should I look?

Not sure. What happens when you select Heal the device in HABmin?

Set to heal in HABmin, wake up node manually.

node10:

But this morning I was able to heal node9. But I have no DEBUG.log

The other ones (node8 and node10) I didn’t test, because I need a ladder to wake them up…

Btw, I found out the following:

If a device is initialised, then you can see the following in “Advanced Settings”:

Then you are able to “Reinitialise the device”.

If a device is not initialised, then you can see the following in “Advanced Settings”:

All my devices were “initialised” before I tried a heal.

It’s hard to say what’s going on with node 10. If I understand correctly, the heal fails when the device wakes up on its own, but succeeds when you wake the device up manually. My only thought is that the device stays awake longer when manually woken up versus when it wakes up on it’s own. That would be a question for the manufacturer of the device.

1 Like

I don’t think so, that the awake period is longer, but you could wake it up very often in a row (by pressing many times the button).

@mhilbush

What I now did: “Reinitialise the device” for all three (8,9,10) nodes. The neighbors should be reseted. Now node10, has no longer any neighbors shown in “HABmin --> properties”. (Have to wait for node 8 and 9 awake period to see if this is also the case there). Hopefully during next heal the neighbors were recalculated. WDYT?

If your network is stable, why don’t you just disable the nightly heal and be done with it?

1 Like

@mhilbush

Good question!

Just want to find out if I really have an error with the healing or if it’s due to the devices.

I’ve now all reverted back to Snapshot #1486 (from 02 Jan 2019) and the heal is running again without any problems.

So it is now proven that there is a problem with the binding or something else e.g. OH-core or whatever.

Many thanks to all who have endured so long and supported me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have you tried upgrading just the binding in S1486 to see if the issue comes back? Or using the S1486 version of the binding in a recent OH snapshot? These tests might help to isolate the issue further.

No, I didn’t test it. Maybe I’ll find some time on All Saints’ Day… (A holiday in most parts of Germany.)