[SOLVED] [ZWAVE] Device not showing when Searching for Things

That seems to agree with the manual they gave the zwave alliance.

Iā€™m not sure the user manual file you added for the device (4-Touch-Modular-Switch-compressed.pdf) is the right one.

This is the user manual the seller sent me:
User_Manual_Switch4_V1.0.pdf (535.5 KB)

I got it from here & the device IDs match. It may have been a pre-release manual.

https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/3321

Looks like Hogar is the actual manufacturer of the device, and Lumi is just a ā€œstickerā€ brand that orders the devices from Hogar.

The device configuration page is showing this error message:

Is there anything I can help to solve that?

[Edit] Seems like you fixed it :slight_smile:

I fixed it and it is waiting for review.
Chris uploads to GitHub once or twice a week
The snapshot build process then builds the new jar.
You can then manually update your z-wave binding.

I have been going all through the database cleaning up errors in appreciation of this great product.

1 Like

Wonderful. Thank you :pray:
Iā€™m eagerly waiting to test it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thatā€™s why I explained the process. The database is part of the binding.

1 Like

What was the workaround?

Add the device to the controller through Domoticz. and then move the controller to OH for the binding to discover the Thing.
It almost sounds to me that there must be something different in the command sent to the controller for Inclusionā€¦I believe Domoticz is open source. They use openzwave for their library though.

Iā€™m quite confused what the issue is here as you are reporting node as the new node if I read this correctly? If I read this right, you are saying that openHAB didnā€™t discover the device? However as I said earlier, node 3 was discovered already by openHAB - we discussed that earlier today.

Or am I mistaken something (apologies if so).

What device was added though - sorry for my confusion as Iā€™m obviously missing something here?

When I initially opened this forum topic I had the Lumi 2+2 switchbox included as node 3 in OpenHAB.

Then you said something was weird that the device would be included as node 3, and there must have been another device included as node 2 at some point.

Because I didnā€™t remember what was node 2 and it wasnā€™t showing up in my OpenHAB Things, I decided to hard reset my Z-wave USB controller and start from the beginning.

After resetting the controller, I started by adding the Lumi 2+2 switchbox as node 2.
After that I moved to Domoticz and added the Lumi 4lights switchbox as node 3.

Once I started OpenHAB again, the app was able to see the 2+2 switchbox as node 2, and the 4lights switchbox as node 3 ā€“ but showing as an Unknown Device. This screenshot illustrated the updated nodes settings:

I added a Z-Wave Lumi 4Lights on/off switchbox.

Ok, itā€™s pretty hard for me to comment without logs or some level of detailed information, but I know that OH and Domoticz do the same thing, so Iā€™m pretty confident there should not be an issue with including devices with openHAB. This is solely controlled by the controller in any case.

Yeah, I donā€™t know why OpenHAB didnā€™t show the 4lights device, while Domoticz did. I was using the same z-wave controller with both apps.

Nevertheless, using @Bruce_Osborneā€™s workaround suggestion, the inclusion problem was currently solved (even though I donā€™t know why).
Next step is to check device recognition, once you update the database with the new device @Bruce_Osborne created today.

1 Like

@chris thank you for updating OH Snapshot to 1690 with support for the Lumi 4lights switchbox.
OpenHAB can now recognize the device and itā€™s no longer shown as Unknown Device.
However, I donā€™t know why, but now when I try to include my two Lumi switchboxes (4lights and the 2+2) OH only sees the 4lights and not the 2+2.
Iā€™ll remind you that before @Bruce_Osborne added the 4lights switchbox to the device list (as device no. 1112) I was able to find the 2+2 switchbox in OH Inbox and not the 4lights switchbox. After the release of OH Snapshot 1690 the situation is now the opposite. OH inbox finds the 4lights switchbox, but not the 2+2.
Could the two device entries in the device list be colliding somehow?

Not really. Each database entry has a unique set of attributes (manufacturer ID, device type, device id, version). Itā€™s difficult to add two devices that have the same set of values for these without this showing up as an error in the database.

Iā€™ve not however looked to see what these devices are - can you provide the XML files for the two devices as they are discovered now?

Since I did another hard reset of my ZWave Controller I can only send you the XML file of the device it is discovering ā€“ which is the 4lights switch. The second device (2+2) is not being discovered.

@chris
Have there been any changes in the zwave controller standard? It almost seems like we are not commanding the controller as it expects or the controller is defective.