I am running 2.3.0 stable release. And I have the Sonos binding 2.3.0 installed.
I found all my sonos devices and I added them and they all appear in the list of things and Online. However, they are still there in the inbox, but this time if I try to add them again, the come up as a Zone player instead of what they really are, and show as:
No thing type sonos:Play1 registered, cannot change thing type for thing sonos:zoneplayer:RINCON_949F3E8A13D601400
if I delete them, they reappear on the next scan. Can anyone help me to get rid of these ghosts?
Yeah, I knew that, and indeed, I’m not a believer in treating symptoms. So I’ll keep digging. Still haven’t managed to stop them showing up, no matter how many times I delete them. I checked, and I only have one binding installed. I had similar problems in the past when I accidentally had two bindings installed after an update, but it’s not the case this time. Anyone else with some vague idea of how this discovery mechanism works, and what happens behind the scenes to prevent rediscovery of the same thing more than once?
Thanks for your input. I have tried a few times to clear the tmp and cache, I have restarted OpenHAB several times too. The things still keep coming back. I also have two defunkt z-wave things too, which always come back after deleting.
For the two non-existant Z-Wave Nodes, the ghosts only appear in the inbox on Paper UI, They are not there in the JSON DB. So there is nothing to remove. How do I stop them from showing up in the inbox, or being detected… basically. In the inbox, they show up as unknown devices. And the Z-wave stick knows nothing about them, so I cannot even remove them from the z-wave controller stick.
For the Sonos, I have included them once, so they are all there and operational, but they show up again in the inbox, interestingly, not the Sonos One, which is a new one I bought recently, it is the ones that were already included before my upgrade that keep coming back… Somehow, openhab has a memory of them, and doesn’t realise that they are already added as things. There is something very odd going on.
thanks for chipping in. I did try your suggestion to no avail. The commands fail to send. And the things don’t go away. It’s not the end of the world. My guess is that they were somehow failed inclusions that get registered on the stick, but never actually got the configuration back from the nodes. probably I need to hack the stick to remove them. As for the sonos endpoints, I’m also clueless.