I’m getting a bit weary of manually updating my playlists in HABpanel every time I add, change, or delete one on the LMS.
So, I’ve been thinking of extending the squeezebox binding to pull the list of Favorites from the Squeezebox Server. That way I’ll never need to update HABpanel when I change a playlist.
I already have a very basic prototype running on my test box.
Here’s what I’m considering:
- add a new String channel to the SqueezeBoxServer thing called favoritesList
- the list will be updated periodically (like every minute) with the most current favorites from the LMS
- items linked to favoritesList will be populated with a comma-separated list of favoriteId=favoriteName
- add a new String channel to the SqueezeBoxPlayer thing called favoritesPlay
- items linked to favoritesPlay will cause a favorite to play when sent a command with a favoriteId
Favorites can reflect local music playlists, stations from streaming services like Pandora, Slacker, and Spotify, and streaming radio stations.
For this to work, HABpanel needs to be modified as described here.