[SQUEEZEBOX] Favorities

See Dynamic state options not showing up.

@zacofunny or @bastler By any chance were you using the sony binding when you were experiencing the problem?

If not, can you run this command in the console to see which of your installed bindings are using a dynamic state description provider?

bundle:services | grep DynamicStateDescriptionProvider

no, i never used it. this is the result of you command:

openhab> bundle:services | grep DynamicStateDescriptionProvider
[org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.type.DynamicStateDescriptionProvider, org.openhab.binding.mqtt.generic.MqttChannelStateDescriptionProvider]
[org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.type.DynamicStateDescriptionProvider, org.openhab.binding.onewire.internal.OwDynamicStateDescriptionProvider]
[org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.type.DynamicStateDescriptionProvider, org.openhab.binding.squeezebox.internal.SqueezeBoxStateDescriptionOptionsProvid                                             er]
openhab>

as i said, now for me the playfavorite works, i will be glad if i can help or try out something but maybe difficult if no problem here.
i checked meanwhile that the hardware is the same since then, the only thing i changed was a new sd-card when installed from scratch. even the installed bindings were the same - of course in older versions

Ok, no worries. If itā€™s working for you, thereā€™s probably nothing for you to do.

Iā€™m pretty sure @zacofunny uses the sony binding. That being the case, itā€™s highly likely thatā€™s whatā€™s causing the issue heā€™s having. There will be a change to the sony binding soon, which should resolve it for him.

There also will be a change to the OH3 core to avoid the issue altogether.

Hi Mark, Iā€™m sorry but Iā€™m now very busy at work, and will get back to this topic ASAP. Yes I use Sony Binding!

When you get a chance, read this thread. Iā€™m very confident that the issue will go away when you install a new version of the sony binding. I built a version of the sony binding with the fix, and my favorites now are working again. Iā€™m happy to have gotten this sorted out. It was a tough one to track down.

1 Like

Hi Mark, Iā€™m very happy that fortunately you were able to diagnose this issue!
Right now I have had reinstalled OpenHAB due to this issue to make it work again. So Iā€™m not sure right now how to force this issue to occur in order to test your fix. BTW when can I find your Sony binding build?

Me either. I think it depends on the order in which the dynamic state description providers are loaded. From what I can guess, if the description provider for the sony binding is loaded before the others, then you would experience the issue; otherwise not. Unfortunately, I donā€™t know of a way to control the order of loading.

Iā€™d prefer not to proliferate rogue bindings, and would rather you wait until Tim builds a new version of the sony binding with the fix (I asked him this morning if he would do this). In the meantime, if you start experiencing the problem again, just ping me.

1 Like

Will do, thanks very much!

@zacofunny New build of sony binding with fix. Sony Devices Binding

Hi! Thanks very much @mhilbush & @tmrobert8. Iā€™ve just updated to the newest revision. Now I guess we need to wait for the next OH milestone update to verify if it works, unless you know some quicker way to do that.

I donā€™t know how to force the problem to occur, because it depends on the order in which bindings are started (which can be non-deterministic). However, Iā€™m VERY confident issue wonā€™t reoccur.

Hi Iā€™m robbing this thread a little bit.
I have a setup taht worked nice in OH 2 but in OH 3.01 i get som strange error regarding favorite

This rule gets

// Triggers:
// - When squeezeKokPlay changed from OFF to ON

// context: squeeze-8
if(squeezeKokPlay.state==ON){

val String theOne = squeezekokfavorite.state.toString

for(String favorite : squeezefavorite.state.toString.split(",")) { //LMS server favoriteslits channel
    val String[] fav = favorite.split("=")
    val String id = fav.get(0)
    val String name = fav.get(1)
    logInfo("test", "(id,name) = ({},{})", id, name)
    if (theOne.equals(id)) {
       sendBroadcastNotification("Du lyssnar pĆ„ " + name +" i kƶket " + "Utomhustemperaturen just nu " + gT_Utetemp.state + "Ā°C") // Do something with name
    }
}
}

This Error in openhab log
Script execution of rule with UID ā€˜squeeze-8ā€™ failed: Index 1 out of bounds for length 1 in squeeze

Idonā€™t know where t start looking for troubles.

Try logging the state of your squeezefavorite item. If itā€™s not formatted correctly, or NULL, it could generate that error.

Hello

I have a sitemap item as below and that one show med correct text adn it works to use.
Selection item=squeezekokfavorite

Or how should I logg this one, i see in log tail that kokfavorite just is a number 1 or2 or 3 etc ā€¦

Goodmorning

I found out the problem beeing that I had three linked channels to that Item and two of them beeing invalid, web interfaace in OH 3 could not unlink and unlinking via konsole and a restart did fixed the issue. Iā€™m imaging tha OH 2 did succede in unlink when changing channels in .items file. OH item showd as NULL in web interface before unlinking and after it showed up as valid data.

Just checking into see if there are still issues with DynamicStateDescriptionProvider that anyone may be aware of. My playFavorite channels are showing the same behavior described in this thread while running 3.3.0 stable. The favoritesList is working, but the playFavorite wonā€™t allow me to change the state, and itā€™s displaying the number instead of the string. From a rule, I can change it (though the display is always the index integer, not the string), but from the UI, nothing works.

Iā€™ve cleared the cache and restarted, unlinked the playFavorite item and linked it back - same behavior. It doesnā€™t seem to read the favoritesList correctly.

I was on 3.2 and it was working. Somewhere in the 3.3 upgrade something seems to have gone wrong. Any thoughts on troubleshooting?