Status Not Updating for Zooz Z-wave Switches (ZEN24 and ZEN23)

I have 2 Zooz ZEN24 v4.0 dimmer switches and 1 Zooz ZEN23 v4.0 switch installed and working with OpenHAB 3.0.1. I am able to control the switches using OpenHAB. However, when I use the switch manually, the status is not updated in OpenHAB.

I have a Jasco Z-wave plug-in dimmer installed in OpenHAB and status for this device updates correctly in OpenHAB when used manually.

I made sure Association Group 1 is set to Controller. Is there anything special I need to do to get the Zooz switches to update their status in OpenHAB?

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: x64 8GB RAM 180GB SSD
    • Java Runtime Environment: Zulu JDK 11.43 (11.0.9.1) 64-bit
    • openHAB version: 3.0.1

I have the same problem with a ZEN23 v.4. Switches work manually or through OH3.0.1. However manual operation is not reflected in OH. I have a zniffer output;

The first three lines in the picture are manual ON with no change in the program light switch status. The rest of the lines are turning it ON from the program and the state is reflected in the switch. Note that manual operation results in a Basic report, but the program sends a Switch Binary set

I’m not particularly knowledgeable about the Zwave device database, but it almost looks like the response to a basic report is missing.

I do not think that is the issue. none of the other working versions of ZEN23 have a channel there. Endpoint information cones directly from a device firmware by way of the OH XML file imported into the database.

@chris could better interpret the zniffer output.

Please provide binding logs - not the sniffer output. The image is really not very useful as I can’t see what is happening and the binding logs are generally a lot more useful in most cases.

1 Like

Debug file: Node is 59. First action is via OH3.0.1, walked thru kitchen (the other node activity) and manually operated the switch, walked back and switched off debug. Hope this helps

Bob
Node59-debug.txt (65.0 KB)

Edits: Attached XML file, if that helps.
network_f1c43721__node_59.xml (13.4 KB)

Clarification: My minimal z-wave knowledge does not extend to the Device DB, my observation above was only that I saw a difference in what was working and what was not. No offense intended.

For good order this should be marked as solved by @chris in the 3.1 zwave snapshot that contains the device update database #1560 (Zen24) and #1563 (Zen23). I’m probably going say this incorrectly, but the Basic report needed to be linked with the Switch_Binary. Manual operation is now reflected for me in OH3.

Bob