Support of "Fibaro FIBEFGT-001"

Dear all,
is the “Fibaro FIBEFGT-001 or Fibaro FGBHT-001 or any Heizungsthermostat” device supported by OH2-2.5.x? (I will expand my heating system and the earlier version FGT-001 are sold out…)

In the manual: https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/zwave/doc/things.html there isn’t any entry underneath “Fibargroup”.

Also there is nor a entry for “FIBFGT-001 Heizungsthermostat”! which i use since more than 2 years! starting with OH2-2.3! It works without any restrictions… Device is discoverd correctly and all senor channels working fine with firmware above 4.5 of fibaro.

BTW there isn’t any entry of “Radiator Control” or “Radiator Thermostat” in z-wave!
Where can i found a correct list of supported devices?
(… not the database from Jackson… don´t work…:frowning: )

Thank you
Cheeers
Stef

Fibargroup is there. For some reason, there is one vendor not in alphabetical order. Scroll past that one.

I do not see either of those devices in out community maintained database here.

the cdjackson site was the old database location and has worked for years. It has moved and is the source for the device database in the binding. It is also the source for the documentation page you linked to. That page has not been updated by OH since version 2.5.0 though. It has a broken link to the old database site even though the current binding has updated documentation. ( Disclaimer: I helped porting the scripts to the new site to export from the database to the binding & to the documentation).

There is a category Radiator Control.

that is not the question. i know that fibarogroupmis there. but there are no entries for radiator control devices . that is what i ask for

Gruß Stefan Heinz
send mobile

Hinweis: Der Inhalt dieser eMail ist vertraulich und ausschließlich für den bezeichneten Adressaten bestimmt. Wenn Sie nicht der vorgesehene Adressat dieser eMail sein sollten, setzen Sie sich bitte mit dem Absender der eMail oder unter der angegebenen Telefonnummer in Verbindung und vernichten Sie diese eMail auf Ihren Speichermedien.

Notice: The information contained in this email is confidential. It is intended solely for the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message on any media of yours.

Sure there are.

What are you actually searching for?

1 Like

I´m looking for “FIBEFGT-001”
And as i have writtn: I´m looking for a statement that this device is supported by openhab2:2.5.xx
And these information should be part of the manual: https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/zwave/doc/things.html !
I don´t know if I can follow the source opensmarthouse.org.

Background: I bough fibaro FGT001 … everything in web is fine… zwave plus and so on… but did not work correctly with OH2:2.3 or 2.4 or 2.5 It isn´t listed because the channel informations wouldn´t recognice from OH2 until firmware update to 4.5 of FGT001

So finding the information that “FIBEFGT-001” ihas channels working with zwave and and and … does not say that it will be working with OH2.5.x
ONLY a “official” source for example the "thing listing in the manual can nearly garanty that i should work …
So can you garanty me that “FIBEFGT-001” is fully supporby OH2 2.5.xx

Otherwise I would not by

Thanks
sorry for poor englisch
Cheers
Stef

So I provided you the link above then - so this is fine? Or are you looking for something else?

It IS if you look.
FYI this device was first supported with OH 2.3.0 and was last updated in OH 2.5.2.

which links to

is not in the database…

in the database only the FGT001 is listed…

When you “google” Fibaro FGT001 to find a shop, you can’t find FGT001, because this is old. The newer modells are:

Fibaro FIBEFGT-001 Z-Wave Plus

Fibaro FGBHTSP-001

Fibaro FGBHT-001

But these actual models are not in the database…
There is only a manual of FGT001 on the webpage of fibaro…

So I think I have to ask fibaro what are the differnces of the actual models and the “orginal FGT001”.

Not good in OH2 documentation even much more worth in manufactor documentation…

So z-wave di not become a good system!

Sorry for misunderstanding the new database web page…
Thanks
Cheers Stef

If you get a newer one ant provide the xml file from OH along with a link to the pdf of the manual either you or another community member can add it to the database to appear in a future binding build, usually a snapshot.

The community enters devices they own. That is how the database gets updated. I reviewed 3 entries in the past 2 days for updates.

Is the FIBEFGT-001 not the same as the FGT-001? I would have said so? The FIBE I think is probably just a short term for the manufacturer.

I’m not familiar with the whole Fibaro product line and the differences between all products, so it’s very difficult for me, and probably also for you, to be sure what the different versions are. What I can say, and hopefully you have already seen if you visit the database site, is the FGT-001 that is in the database it IS the ZWave Plus version.

What is not good? I’m really struggling to understand your issue. We are simply trying here to add the different devices from hundreds of manufacturers and it’s often VERY difficult to know the differences and we have no input from the device manufacturers at all.

I’m certainly far from sure if there really IS any difference between a FIBEFGT-001 and FGT-001. I suspect they are the same? If I check the product page, I can only find one device, and it seems to be the one in the database (ZWave Plus) - there is no non-ZWave plus version as far as I can see.

Please do - and please report back here.

Otherwise as pointed out above - it is easy to add a new device to the database, so you can simply update the database yourself if you have the device.

1 Like

I don’t know, if they are the same.
But if thry are the sane, why are different offers with different pruces?
I’m not familare too that’s why I will ask fibaro if there are differences?

Stefan Heinz

Hinweis: Der Inhalt dieser eMail ist vertraulich und ausschließlich für den bezeichneten Adressaten bestimmt. Wenn Sie nicht der vorgesehene Adressat dieser eMail sein sollten, setzen Sie sich bitte mit dem Absender der eMail oder unter der angegebenen Telefonnummer in Verbindung und vernichten Sie diese eMail auf Ihren Speichermedien.

Notice: The information contained in this email is confidential. It is intended solely for the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message on any media of yours.

Send mobile

If I search the web, I will find all sorts of different offers with different prices - that’s just business.

They have the same model number, and they are both ZWave Plus devices, so I believe they are therefore the same. The ZWave Alliance only shows a single product has been certified.

That depends on that i buy one and attache it to openhab. If this is workibg I can look into the xml-fike.
But who garatied that I can succesfull discover the device?
That’s why I ask before buying!
Am I correct?

Stefan Heinz

Send mobile

The binding issues an NIF (Node information Frame) request and the Z-Wave standard guarantees the device will return its information. Otherwise the vendor’s guarantee of Z-Wave compliance is false.

tldr: The vendor guarantees that by stating Z-Wave compliance.

The ZWave protocol guarantees that a device will be discovered if it works with the ZWave protocol.

1 Like

This is only theorie!
In real life we or better I see a lot of unsucessful discover processes in OH2! (With a node id and no xml-file!!)

Stefan Heinz

Send mobile

Not really - it will definitely work.

Sorry, but this is clearly NOT related to devices being unable to work. You are worried that your new device will not work with OH and comparing this to people having problems with including devices. These are COMPLETELY different issues.

One is a protocol compatibility. If the issue of “no XML” that you raise was related to the protocol, then these devices that people may have problems including would not even be in the database.

People have problems including devices for all different reasons, but these are not protocol related.

Anyway, it seems we won’t convince you…

Gruß Stefan Heinz
send mobile

| chris Chris Jackson Maintainer
October 22 |

• | - |

sjheinz:

This is only theorie!

Not really - it will definitely work.

sjheinz:

In real life we or better I see a lot of unsucessful discover processes in OH2! (With a node id and no xml-file!!)

Sorry, but this is clearly NOT related to devices being unable to work. You are worried that your new device will not work with OH and comparing this to people having problems with including devices. These are COMPLETELY different issues.

One is a protocol compatibility. If the issue of “no XML” that you raise was related to the protocol, then these devices that people may have problems including would not even be in the database.

this is not correct! the devicescare in the database because secound third or fourth discovery is successful!BTW Normaly i check the database before i buy and get in trouble during the inclusion process
becausec"the bedt way to get out of troubkr is not to get in"

Apologies, but it is certainly correct.

I would suggest to get some experience using openHAB since it seems you are not too familiar. It is not normal to have to include things so many times I can assure you.

oh i’m so sorry that I use OH since 1.9 but in a “stupid” way.

I think the best way is you or all developer use the system and bring it to work as descripted - the will help a lot and do a mass reduction of Community questions

I’m so sorry for asking questions