Support of "Fibaro FIBEFGT-001"

That only happens with some battery operated devices that go to sleep before initial discovery is complete. Repeatedly waking up the device resolves this issue.

How is the binding not working as described? We try to continually improve the user experience. Everything done must fit within the openHAB framework design.

I have no idea if you have been using it in a “stupid way” and I never stated that. It just seems from your questions that you are not very familiar with how the ZWave protocol and binding works at least.

Please can you describe what the problem is? It’s really hard to understand your issue to be honest.

Not at all - we are trying to help you, but it seems that you already know the answers :wink:

1 Like

Stefan Heinz

Hinweis: Der Inhalt dieser eMail ist vertraulich und ausschließlich für den bezeichneten Adressaten bestimmt. Wenn Sie nicht der vorgesehene Adressat dieser eMail sein sollten, setzen Sie sich bitte mit dem Absender der eMail oder unter der angegebenen Telefonnummer in Verbindung und vernichten Sie diese eMail auf Ihren Speichermedien.

Notice: The information contained in this email is confidential. It is intended solely for the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message on any media of yours.

Send mobile

| Bruce_Osborne
October 22 |

• | - |

sjheinz:

In real life we or better I see a lot of unsucessful discover processes in OH2! (With a node id and no xml-file!!)

That only happens with some battery operated devices that go to sleep before initial discovery is complete. Repeatedly waking up the device resolves this issue.

No!!

Last tome it was a fibaro
Figaro Wall Plug FGWPE/F-101 Z-Wave Steckdose

Three times

And i have four of these :sunglasses:

Step down from “every thing work as designed”

It is generally rare that there are such issues - maybe you’ve had more than your share.

Anyway, it is fruitless to continue discussing what might or might not happen. We’ve answered your question - as far as I can tell there is only 1 version of the FGT-001 and it is already in the database.

Enjoy.

Diese Duskussion führt zu nix!!

Ich schlage vor, Sie akzeptieren mal die realen Erfahrungen der Benutzer!

Stefan Heinz

Hinweis: Der Inhalt dieser eMail ist vertraulich und ausschließlich für den bezeichneten Adressaten bestimmt. Wenn Sie nicht der vorgesehene Adressat dieser eMail sein sollten, setzen Sie sich bitte mit dem Absender der eMail oder unter der angegebenen Telefonnummer in Verbindung und vernichten Sie diese eMail auf Ihren Speichermedien.

Notice: The information contained in this email is confidential. It is intended solely for the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message on any media of yours.

Send mobile

Mit freundlichen Grüßen - With kind regards - cul8ter - ciao - salut

Stefan Heinz

D-55413 Weiler b. Bingen
Deutschland

Fon 0049 (0) 6721 992653

[chris] chris https://community.openhab.org/u/chris Chris Jackson
Maintainer
October 22

It is generally rare that there are such issues - maybe you’ve had
more than your share.

Might be but ignoring is the wrong way! Listen to users question and
believe in their reported problems and not indoctrinate them :“I would
suggest to get some experience using openHAB since it seems you are not
too familiar. It is not normal to have to include things so many times I
can assure you.” is the only and correct way to recognise issues in the
actual system! And therefore fixing these issue bring the system to a
better one

Anyway, it is fruitless to continue discussing what might or might not
happen.

sorry … this i s not fruitless not at all!

We’ve answered your question - as far as I can tell there is only 1
version of the FGT-001 and it is already in the database.

Enjoy.

Sorry to wake you up from a dream where everything is excellent, fine,
great …

Better not wear rose-colored glasses - better look into the real without
any reserve

Not nice - but very productive!

Beleave me

enjoy

Chris knows since he wrote the binding and the database. I have assisted him with the database. You do not know more about that than he does.

I am not going to get into any further pointless discussion here, but I wanted to point out that you have not reported any problem. I spend a lot of time helping people who report problems - I certainly believe here are issues, and try my best to help as time permits.

If you had reported a problem, I would also have tried to help you however you have simply asked if he FGT-001 is supported, we have stated that it is. We’ve tried to help you, and I’m very sorry that you have not found his help useful.

2 Likes

Hi all,
since update from 2.5.8 to 2.5.11 all FGT001 devices stop working!

Is there maybe a miss in the z-wave database?

In 2.5.8 all these device are working correctly. My experience with update to 2.5.9 is above

Thanks for give me a hint what is wrong
Cheers
Stef

Still the same system:
Tinkerboard
DEB 10
Openhabian

Zulu …

etc.

Is there any valid reason why you are posting this in multiple threads?

1 Like

Yes there is: in Europe is winter!
It’s a fine thing un these daysif the heater us working!

Stefan Heinz

Send mobile

That is still not a valid reason, please read some general forum faq.

And yes yes

One post is underneath: binding top
The other underneath setup/config top

I can nit say whichvis the correct place

!!!

It will he better, if youvwork on the solutionn unstead of slang me!

Stefan Heinz

Send mobile

You don’t understand the point: a question should be asked once, not multiple times in different threads.

My dear son!
I walk through communities when you was not born!
It will be very very good, when you believe in me!

Stefan Heinz

Send mobile

Would you feel more comfortable if we refund double the money you paid for the z-Wave binding?
As I said in the other thread, I have corrected the issue and a new version should be available sometime within the next week.

The volunteers here are not beholden to your hurried requests. As far as I can discern, this has been broken since January.

1 Like

Yes refund me twice or more

Are you a little bit familar with maths??
10=
0=

3*0 = So feel free to charge me

Rhe information that the new version should be available next week - sorry for that - I did not recognice … thanks

Stefan Heinz

Send mobile

I don’t think this will be caused by the database, although I could be wrong, but your device is detected fine, so it means that the database is configured. Have you checked what is happening - maybe take a look at the debug logs (please read the binding documentation to see how to check this) to see if they show any issue.

It’s a little hard to understand how that is relevant - it may even be incorrect I think as I think @sihui has a quite few grey hairs :slight_smile:

Please understand that people here are trying to help you :+1:

1 Like

Gruß Stefan Heinzsend mobile

| chris Chris Jackson Maintainer
December 23 |

• | - |

sjheinz:

Is there maybe a miss in the z-wave database?

I don’t think this will be caused by the database, although I could be wrong, but your device is detected fine, so it means that the database is configured. Have you checked what is happening - maybe take a look at the debug logs (please read the binding documentation to see how to check this) to see if they show any issue.

sjheinz:

I walk through communities when you was not born!

It’s a little hard to understand how that is relevant - it may even be incorrect I think as I think @sihui has a quite few grey hairs :slight_smile:

I have some more I am quite shure :wink:

Please understand that people here are trying to help you :+1:

me: How will be the information be delivered?

Answer Have fun finding out!

Answer: I do not take kindly to me or the other volunteers here being verbally abused.

please tell me what i have passed to understand that people are here to help me using this answer :+1: