[TapoControl] - Control Tapo Smart WiFi-Devices with Openhab - Official Support Thread

@Marco_Badano
yes on “KLAP”

@hayta78
Maybe the path on ubuntu is another. check how to install bindings manually for your system and use the correct version of the binding.

@SteveBuckell
T110 should be discovered by the hub automaticly…
So if the hub is working and it should come into inbox. If you ad it manually you need to configure the hub as bridge.

@Wyskens
Fix will be applied if the PR will be merged.

3 Likes

Hi Chris,

Checked inbox - Nothing there.
A Thing Scan doesn’t find anything either.

Sensor is found by Tapo App and is connect to the hub. I see notifications in Tapo App for connections / disconnections.

Does the contact sensor need to be in setup mode (flashing LED) to be found by the binding?
Any logging I can turn off to aid debugging?

Thanks
Steve

Just updated from OH 4.1.0M4 to final OH 4.1.0.
I removed the 4.1.0 SNAPSHOT.jar from add-on folder which fix the Secured KLAP HTTP Protocol issue in 4.1.0M4.
I assumed in final 4.1.0 this fix is included but after upgrade and reinstalled the original 4.1.0 binding, this feature disappeared again :frowning:
Did I miss anything ?

Please check the release notes. The open PR is not merged and therefore not listed.

I cannot install the jar-file in my docker-container (version 4.10). I tried it in den addons-folder and with bundle:install in openhab-cli.

The message for “bundle:install …/addons/org.openhab.binding.tapocontrol-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar”:

Bundle IDs:
Error executing command: Error installing bundles:
Unable to install bundle …/addons/org.openhab.binding.tapocontrol-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Error reading bundle content.

What can I do?

I just copied the add on into the addons folder that all.

grafik

Thanks, I copied the file manual and it works. Cloud-Login is online. I found my P115, add the IP-Adress and set protocol to KLAP.

The thing did not go online. The message from logfile

Thing ‘tapocontrol:P115:TapoBridgeCloud-Login:xxxxxxxxxxxx’ changed from UNKNOWN to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): @text/no-error

The tapo-app on my phone works and I see my P115.

I need your help again.

I have the same issue after upgrade to OH4.1 and add this binding (copy it into the add-on folder like described on github).

Problem is that the add-on from the add-on package is registered in OH. Do following steps :

sudo openhab-cli console
… enter the password of the openhab account - mostly habopen
list -s
… search for the tado add-on and the id-number in front of the entry
bundle:uninstall xxx
… xxx is the id number
logout

then stop the openhab service and clear the cache

sudo rm -rf /var/lib/openhab/cache/*
sudo rm -rf /var/lib/openhab/tmp/*

start OH service again.

bests

1 Like

For me (openHAB 4.1.0) the binding unfortunately does not work as well
as I thought.

The things going online but I can’t send commands (L510 lamp).

2023-12-29 12:53:46.235 [TRACE]
[ernal.api.protocol.klap.KlapProtocol] -
(tapocontrol:L510:LivingroomCeilingLamp / HTTP-KLAP) decrypted
response: '{"error_code":-1003}'

2023-12-29
12:53:46.238 [DEBUG] [rol.internal.api.TapoDeviceConnector] -
(tapocontrol:L510:Living room ceiling lamp / DeviceConnector) handle
error '@text/error-api-json-decode-fail [ "-1003" ]'

I am on the version
org.openhab.binding.tapocontrol-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.

Cache and tmp folder I have cleared.

Did you remove the “standard” binding which comes with oh 4.1 add-ons via cli ? You can check this if you edit the thing and in advanced mode you have no klap protokoll to select - then the oh binding is ative and not this one.

The jar version I got from here (GitHub - wildcs/oh3_compiled-addons at tapocontrol)
does not work for me (openHAB 4.1.0).
I then went back to a version from September that I still had which works. The version is also larger 480kB while a the one from the link is has only 150kB.

grafik

I uploaded a new snapshot for 4.2.0 with some fixes. Maybe this may help.
Version for 4.1.0 stable will follow next days.
Happy new year

1 Like

hi all,
I have a P105 unit and until few months ago it was working in OH3.
Then suddenly stopped working. Reading this thread I understand that it was caused by a firmware upgrade. And that the solution will work only in OH4.

So now I have upgraded to OH4.1 in order to use again this binding, but it still doesn’t work.
And reading in the thread it seems that someone managed to have it working and someone hasn’t.

My unit (P105) has firmware version 1.2.1 build 230804 rel.190922
There are no other firmware upgrades.

But in OH4.1 it doesn’t work:

Bridge tapocontrol:bridge:myTapoBridge            "Cloud-Login"        [ username="xxxxx", password="xxxxx" ] {
   Thing P105 Socket1 "My-Socket-1"        [ ipAddress="192.168.88.71", pollingInterval=30, protocol="klap" ]
}

Error:

2024-01-03 18:36:33.067 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'tapocontrol:P105:myTapoBridge:Socket1' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): unknown api error (-1) to UNKNOWN: unknown api error (-1)
2024-01-03 18:36:33.067 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'tapocontrol:P105:myTapoBridge:Socket1' changed from UNKNOWN: unknown api error (-1) to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): unknown api error (-1)

Is there a solution to this issue?

thanks all

The new version is still not merged in official OH4.1.
You have to install manually the jar from my compiled-addons git. It was discussed here more than once how to install.

Uploaded new 4.2.x-snapshot to my compiled-addons-repository

Edit:
4.1.0-snapshot also updated

Any installation instructions for people running on Windows?

Hi @Bigdesaster ,

Thanks for the binding

Maybe the same issue as already reported.

Which jar version should I use for v4.1.1? I used 4.1.0

I am using the new jar and changed to new klap protocol. For a minute or so everything works (ONLINE) and is reachable (L920 Strips) but then I get the error

encrypting failed (9500)

If I disable and enable it is working for a minute and then the same error appears.

This is a joke beeen waiting since last year to have this problem fixed I’m now unable to control any of Tapo gear

Keep getting error 9009 device offline which it’s not as Tapo app can see fine

The funny thing is that apparently the developer has already developed the new version, but it’s not included in the stable version.

I know I could install it manually from the .jar, but I will never again install manually a .jar. I did it in the past then I had to rebuild all my system from scratch due to unrecovable errors.

So, I too cannot control my Tapo things…