TargetTemperature does not work with Amazon Echo

Hello,

I am trying to get my Homematic thermostat work with Amazon Echo. So I’ve configure the OpenHab homematic.items as follow and activated the Hue Emulation Service:

Number	liv_wandther	"Wohnzimmer Thermostat"	[ "TargetTemperature" ]	{channel="homematic:HM-TC-IT-WM-W-EU:cc826aaeXXXXX:2#SET_TEMPERATURE"}
Number	liv_heizther	"Heizungs Thermostat"	[ "TargetTemperature" ]	{channel="homematic:HM-CC-RT-DN:cXXXXXX680:4#SET_TEMPERATURE"}

But the TargetTemperatur tag is not working. If I swap it to Lightning the api/discover.xml shows an entry and I can choose the “faked” item im my Alexa app. But TargetTemperatur is not working.
The api/discover.xml just shows:

{“lights”:{}}

Does someone has the same problem?

Take a look here:

Group gDownstairsThermostat "Downstairs Thermostat" (gFF) [ "Thermostat" ]
Number DownstairsThermostatCurrentTemp "Downstairs Thermostat Current Temperature" (gDownstairsThermostat) [ "CurrentTemperature" ]
Number DownstairsThermostatTargetTemperature "Downstairs Thermostat Target Temperature" (gDownstairsThermostat) [ "TargetTemperature" ]
String DownstairsThermostatHeatingCoolingMode "Downstairs Thermostat Heating/Cooling Mode" (gDownstairsThermostat) [ "homekit:HeatingCoolingMode" ]

So you need to define all tags to make it work

http://docs.openhab.org/addons/ios/homekit/readme.html#item-configuration

@sihui @coolkiffings

see also here:

2 Likes

@Celaeno1, @Kai,

any news on this with the Hue emulation? It is actually one of the killer features to control OpenHAB via Alexa when friends come to me and why they would start playing with OpenHAB. But I’m afraid to recommend it, if it is not maintained any more and things like TargetTemprature missing.

Have you been able to identify the issue of Alexa with Hue Emulation?

For those who have problems with alexa thermostat binding via “hue emulation”:

You have to create a group tagged as [“Thermostat”] and the “set temperature” and “current temperature” items as a “Number”
Alexa will now find a new device of type “thermostat”

Group gDownstairsThermostat "Wohnzimmer Heizung" [ "Thermostat" ]
Number DownstairsThermostatCurrentTemp "Wohnzimmer Heizung Current Temperature" (gDownstairsThermostat) [ "CurrentTemperature" ] { channel="avmfritz:Comet_DECT:192_168_178_1:119610712288:temperature" }
Number DownstairsThermostatTargetTemperature "Wohnzimmer Heizung Target Temperature" (gDownstairsThermostat) [ "TargetTemperature" ] { channel="avmfritz:Comet_DECT:192_168_178_1:119610712288:set_temp" }

Does this work with Hue Emulation or are you referring to the official openhab Skill for Alexa?

Hi,
I got it working with Hue Emulation 2.5.0.

The official skill for Alexa won’t work right now i guess, because you won’t be able to add items to your myopenhab cloud.

Great
Thanks a lot!
I will try your suggestion!

This would also work with the official Alexa skill as long as you have setup the cloud connector binding and install the skill on your Alexa account and linked it to your myopenhab account. No need to add/remove items from the cloud connector. This is only used for the IFTTT integration.