Tibber Binding

Ok, so I really need to upgrade OH3?

I usually not taking milestone updates, but major release only.
What do I need to do to get M5 27:th Nov or M6 at 11:th Dec?

If Tibber API would lose support for old connection early December (they haven’t specified a date) time is short.

And when is official OH 3.4.0 release due?

Installed Openhabian on Linux to be able to use the Configuration Tool for switch to ‘Testing’ instead of Release.

Consider me end user, not a developer.
I think many people like me will see their Tibber binding stop in December unless taking action here.

Here you see the release schedule.

https://community.openhab.org/t/openhab-3-4-milestone-builds/138092/4

Superb, this works perfect! Just wondering, you implemented tomorrow’s prices, why didn’t you add today’s prices as well? I was working on a list item for tomorrow’s prices and suddenly it was empty… turned out the json was empty because it was after midnight…

Got this mail today.
We noticed you are connecting to api.tibber.com with a client that advertises user agent Jetty/9.4.46.v20220331 and uses old deprecated websocket sub-protocol. We are removing support for it in December 2022. See information at https://developer.tibber.com/docs/overview#breaking-websocket-change.

Please upgrade your client or contact the client maintainer in order to continue using the service. If you need assistance you can contact us at toni@tibber.com for help.

Br,
Toni
Tibber

Yes, fully aware, and a binding update is already prepared and merged into the main openHAB branch:

The binding update has been merged into latest openHAB Milestone release (as of yesterday):
Milestone release notes

So, what would be required is to upgrade to latest openHAB Milestone release. Also, to install the binding from mainUI (and not using manual install placing jar file in addons folder unless installing correct version).

1 Like

Could you provide with a link to the latest binding .jar file containing breaking update?
Thanks!

https://openhab.jfrog.io/artifactory/libs-snapshot/org/openhab/addons/bundles/org.openhab.binding.tibber/3.4.0-SNAPSHOT/org.openhab.binding.tibber-3.4.0-20221129.032514-137.jar

1 Like

Well, my milestone upgrade got ‘interrupted’ somehow and failed on me.
Looks like I’m about to take the manual jar file after all.
But I don’t want to setup the binding again linking all items manually.

Is this what I’m facing or is there a fair chance it will work anyway? Do I need to remove the public Tibber binding from the UI first? I recon I need to add token/homeid again, right?

I installed the latest milstone openHAB 3.4.0.M5.
Tibber consumption got messed up.
Is there a fix for this?

I have observed the same issue, but struggle to see reason why. The issue seems to relate to channels defined as Number:Energy, which previously has been working ok, reporting Wh/kWh values. So it might seem like something has changed with the OH UoM.

Regardless, as an easy fix (until I identify the problem), you can add Metadata State Description for your Number:Energy items, and under pattern you put %.3f kWh which will result in your items reporting kWh values with 3 digits.

1 Like

Would it be possible to use the jar on OpenHAB 3.3.0 release ?

Can I just place the jar in the addons folder to install it manually?

It should work, but has not been tested.

Hey folks,

I’m trying to get my tibber pulse to work. This replaced my optical device, which I used to track my total consumption and total sold production.
Tibber binding works great so far, but I am looking for the overall total production value.
I’m successfully getting the overall consumption using “tibber:tibberapi:*******:live_lastMeterConsumption”

Is there a way to read the total production somehow?

My powermeter (landis gyr e220) provides it through the optical interface and I was reading it through the optical device using this binding

Total consumption:
smartmeter:meter:BinderPower:1-0_1-8-0

Total (sold) production
smartmeter:meter:BinderPower:1-0_2-8-0

With the tibber binding
I can get the very same consumption using “live_lastMeterConsumption”, but how the hack can I get the total production value?

Thanks a lot

1 Like

I’ve had for a long time that the binding just stops recieving data, I think I saw another thread on this a long time ago. Does anyone know why this is happening?

The binding says online, if i just pause and enable it again the data starts coming in.
Happens maybe a couple times a week.

I’m jusing the latest release openHAB 3.4.0.M5

I’ve had these problems during the autumn, but it’s been more stable in December.
I still use OH 3.3.0 with public Tibber binding.

I also have automatic disable/enable sometime after midnight and after mid-day due to this.

It must be issues on Tibber API side, I think, that hopefully will be much better when there’s only one type connection.

Today there has been issues on Tibber side of things:
https://status.tibber.com/

On a general basis, a PR merged just recently should enable the binding to continuously make reconnect attempts, thus solving the issue of completely lost data stream. Would recommend a reboot of OH, to make a fresh start of the system. Also to ensure/verify the latest version of the binding is running.

Now the API stopped. Even the DEMO.

Plan is to upgrade to OH3.4.0 public release on monday. Radio silence until then.

EDIT: Tibber API is live again…

Would these reconnect attempts feature require manual or milestone update? Otherwise next major release?

The 3.4.0 binding is still losing connection from time to time…

Please enable debug logging and provide more details around timing of “complete disconnect”. The 3.4.0 version contains code for continuous reconnect attempts, so it should be working (unless problems on Tibber server side, where server does not follow websocket protocol, thus not closing/disconnecting correctly).