Tibber Binding

This is strange: The binding handles subscription queries and live measurements (websocket) independently, so your issue should not be related to subscription cancellation.

I totally agree that your issue would indicate some changes to the code. There has been made one change related to the live measurements along the way, however, this was related to the Live Current part. Initially, Tibber had these 3 channels reported as currentPhaseX (X=1-3), but this has been changed to currentLX (X=1-3). This is updated in the binding version I referred to in my previous post, but would not explain why you only get the Live Timestamp measurement (most of the channels have remained unchanged).

The core code for performing queries/establishing connection for live measurements have remained the same throughout all updates. Your logs also confirm that you achieve connection, i.e. “Connected to Server” would confirm that a websocket connection is successfully established. Also, as you at least get the Live Timestamp, you are getting data, but some of the measurements are apparently not recognised.

How are your items defined? Via Paper UI or via text files? If textual based, could you try deleting your items and create once again to reinitialise items/channels?

Also, as part of switching between versions, it could be recommended to do a thorough cache/tmp clean to ensure old stuff is completely removed:

• ssh into OpenHab service
  • Stop OpenHab service: sudo systemctl stop openhab2.service
  • Remove existing jar file from openhab2-addons folder
  • Remove tmp files: sudo rm -rf /var/lib/openhab2/tmp/*
  • Remove cache files: sudo rm -rf /var/lib/openhab2/cache/*
  • Remove backup files: sudo rm -rf /var/lib/openhab2/jsondb/backup/*
  • Remove cache: sudo openhab-cli clean-cache
  • Place jar file from my previous post into openhab2-addons folder
  • Restart OpenHab service: sudo reboot
  • Reboot OH once more if you still only get timestamp measurements.

I will also continue to look for potential issues wrt code.

Hi! I’m facing the same problem as in post #81 but with OpenHab 2.5.7 running SNAPSHOT-2.5.8 version of Tibber binding.

I tried running the 2.5.7 version of the binding, but then Tibber API is not even showing up as supported thing.

Is there any way to get more debug info as to why is this so? I do not have an active Tibber electricity delivery yet. I wonder if it’s the consumption data that could be empty and causing this?

12:30:40.846 [DEBUG] [tibber.internal.handler.TibberHandler] - API response: {"data":{"viewer":{"home":{"currentSubscription":{"priceInfo":{"current":{"total":0.5929,"startsAt":"2020-08-14T12:00:00+02:00"}}},"daily":{"nodes":[]},"hourly":{"nodes":[]}}}}}
12:30:40.849 [DEBUG] [tibber.internal.handler.TibberHandler] - API response: {"data":{"viewer":{"home":{"currentSubscription":{"priceInfo":{"current":{"total":0.5929,"startsAt":"2020-08-14T12:00:00+02:00"}}},"daily":{"nodes":[]},"hourly":{"nodes":[]}}}}}
12:30:40.882 [WARN ] [ommon.WrappedScheduledExecutorService] - Scheduled runnable ended with an exception: 
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(ArrayList.java:657) ~[?:1.8.0_252]
at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:433) ~[?:1.8.0_252]
at com.google.gson.JsonArray.get(JsonArray.java:194) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.tibber.internal.handler.TibberHandler.getURLInput(TibberHandler.java:175) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.tibber.internal.handler.TibberHandler.updateRequest(TibberHandler.java:244) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.tibber.internal.handler.TibberHandler.lambda$0(TibberHandler.java:235) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) ~[?:1.8.0_252]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308) ~[?:1.8.0_252]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) ~[?:1.8.0_252]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294) ~[?:1.8.0_252]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:1.8.0_252]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:1.8.0_252]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_252]
12:30:40.850 [WARN ] [ommon.WrappedScheduledExecutorService] - Scheduled runnable ended with an exception: 
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(ArrayList.java:657) ~[?:1.8.0_252]
at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:433) ~[?:1.8.0_252]
at com.google.gson.JsonArray.get(JsonArray.java:194) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.tibber.internal.handler.TibberHandler.getURLInput(TibberHandler.java:175) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.tibber.internal.handler.TibberHandler.updateRequest(TibberHandler.java:244) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.tibber.internal.handler.TibberHandler.lambda$0(TibberHandler.java:235) ~[?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) ~[?:1.8.0_252]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308) ~[?:1.8.0_252]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) ~[?:1.8.0_252]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294) ~[?:1.8.0_252]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:1.8.0_252]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:1.8.0_252]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_252]

Well, it does seem that without consumption data this gives an error. Since the API gives response and provides price data without a delivery would it be possible to fix this?

Yes, apparently, without a Tibber subscription the “daily” and “hourly” data is reported as empty arrays ("[]"), which again is causing the binding to throw an IndexOutOfBoundsException as the binding is set up to fetch a specific element expected from the array.

I have tried to rule out these occurrences, so could you test with a new version of the binding?
org.openhab.binding.tibber-2.5.8-SNAPSHOT.jar

This works like a charm. I get NaN on the current consumption values which is expect I guess.

Thank you for the super quick fix!

One more question. Is it possible to have the low/medium/high indication together with the current price? I’m thinking about controlling some of the not-so-important appliances (e.g. mobile charger, comfort heating in the bathroom) based on this value. One plugs in the mobile in the evening and it charges when the price is low during the night but turn it off towards the morning. It’s just a wish though, there is probably another way to achieve this, haven’t really investigated yet.

I have now tried to implement “Price Level” as a String channel in the binding (normal, cheap, expensive etc is returned as a String value).

Please feel free to test new version of the binding:
org.openhab.binding.tibber-2.5.8-SNAPSHOT.jar

Works great, thank you!

@kjoglums
I’m currently having a hard time getting the binding to subscribe to real-time data. It updates once and that’s it. Tried everything now, deleting things, items linking, TMP and cache. Restarted several times, but same results. I tried binding 2.7 and 2.8… currently on oh2.4…any idea? Thanks Chris

Strange. Do you get any log response? Could you try enabling debugging (log:set debug)? Would assume everything work as it should when running Tibber API explorer?

Hi Stian,

I’ve set my log to DEBUG, and get some log response. I can confirm that everything works when running the Tibber API explorer. I’ve sent you a PM with my log results.

Best regards
Christian

Hey there,

after installing this thing and configured api and homeId i have the following error in the log:

2020-10-06 19:22:22.256 [ERROR] [core.thing.internal.ThingManagerImpl] - Exception occurred while initializing handler of thing 'tibber:tibberapi:20189b38': com.google.gson.JsonNull cannot be cast to com.google.gson.JsonObject
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.google.gson.JsonNull cannot be cast to com.google.gson.JsonObject
	at com.google.gson.JsonObject.getAsJsonObject(JsonObject.java:205) ~[bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.tibber.internal.handler.TibberHandler.getTibberParameters(TibberHandler.java:118) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.tibber.internal.handler.TibberHandler.initialize(TibberHandler.java:91) ~[?:?]
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor76.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_265]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_265]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:152) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:52) [bundleFile:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:1.8.0_265]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:1.8.0_265]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:1.8.0_265]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_265]

i’am running on OH 2.5.9 and openjdk version “1.8.0_265”

Could you enable debug logging and do a OH reboot to get a more detailed log as part of thing initialisation?

Expect it could be related to having Tibber Pulse only, no Tibber subscription? If so, you could try replacing your Tibber installation with a manual installation of the binding:
https://community.openhab.org/t/tibber-binding/67019/94?u=kjoglums

i have no pulse and for now no active contract (it starts in a few weeks). so some values in the response are null. Maybe thats the Problem? (I think this should also be covered by the code)

Yes, that is likely the problem. But if not having neither subscription, nor Pulse, I would assume most of the values would be null, and the binding would be “useless”. Again, a debug log would be needed to see the response in your specific case.

Anyway, the post I linked to in my previous post has a link to manual download / installation, and this binding version does a check for null values. Basically, if there is no data to fetch your thing will be set to OFFLINE.

indeed consumption is null:

{
  "data": {
    "viewer": {
      "homes": [
        {
          "consumption": null
        }
      ]
    }
  }
}

But i’am interested in current energy price:

{
  "data": {
    "viewer": {
      "homes": [
        {
          "currentSubscription": {
            "priceInfo": {
              "current": {
                "total": 0.233,
                "energy": 0.0341,
                "tax": 0.1989,
                "startsAt": "2020-10-07T15:00:00+02:00"
              }
            }
          }
        }
      ]
    }
  }
}

Would then recommend to do a manual install of the binding with the binding version referred to above.

Enable debug logging, and present results as part of thing initialisation. Log should then show the actual response for your case.

Hi.

Any news regarding this?
I am also having problems with live meassurments in OH 2.5.9, but on Tibber API explorer the meassurment is live, see images below.

In the example from the docs I had to change the [W] to [%.0f W] and so ON. Then everything worked fine.

//Tibber
Number      TibberAPICurrentTotal                 "Current Total Price [%.2f NOK]"       (gTibber)     {channel="tibber:tibberapi:d743154f:current_total"}
//DateTime    TibberAPICurrentStartsAt              "Timestamp - Current Price"            (gTibber)     {channel="tibber:tibberapi:d743154f:current_startsAt"}
//DateTime    TibberAPIDailyFrom                    "Timestamp - Daily From"               (gTibber)     {channel="tibber:tibberapi:d743154f:daily_from"}
//DateTime    TibberAPIDailyTo                      "Timestamp - Daily To"                 (gTibber)     {channel="tibber:tibberapi:d743154f:daily_to"}
Number      TibberAPIDailyCost                    "Total Daily Cost [%.2f NOK]"          (gTibber)     {channel="tibber:tibberapi:d743154f:daily_cost"}
Number      TibberAPIDailyConsumption             "Total Daily Consumption [%.2f kWh]"   (gTibber)     {channel="tibber:tibberapi:d743154f:daily_consumption"}
//DateTime    TibberAPIHourlyFrom                   "Timestamp - Hourly From"              (gTibber)     {channel="tibber:tibberapi:d743154f:hourly_from"}
//DateTime    TibberAPIHourlyTo                     "Timestamp - Hourly To"                (gTibber)     {channel="tibber:tibberapi:d743154f:hourly_to"}
Number      TibberAPIHourlyCost                   "Total Hourly Cost [%.2f NOK]"         (gTibber)     {channel="tibber:tibberapi:d743154f:hourly_cost"}
Number      TibberAPIHourlyConsumption            "Total Hourly Consumption [%.2f kWh]"  (gTibber)     {channel="tibber:tibberapi:d743154f:hourly_consumption"}
//DateTime    TibberAPILiveTimestamp                "Timestamp - Live Measurement"         (gTibber)     {channel="tibber:tibberapi:d743154f:live_timestamp"}
Number      TibberAPILivePower                    "Live Power Consumption  [%.0f W]"           (gTibber)     {channel="tibber:tibberapi:d743154f:live_power"}
//Number      TibberAPILiveLastMeterConsumption     "Last Meter Consumption [%.2f kWh]"    (gTibber)     {channel="tibber:tibberapi:d743154f:live_lastMeterConsumption"}
Number      TibberAPILiveAccumulatedConsumption   "Accumulated Consumption [%.2f kWh]"   (gTibber)     {channel="tibber:tibberapi:d743154f:live_accumulatedConsumption"}
Number      TibberAPILiveAccumulatedCost          "Accumulated Cost [%.2f NOK]"          (gTibber)     {channel="tibber:tibberapi:d743154f:live_accumulatedCost"}
//String      TibberAPILiveCurrency                 "Currency"                             (gTibber)     {channel="tibber:tibberapi:d743154f:live_currency"}
Number      TibberAPILiveMinPower                 "Min Power Consumption [%.0f W]"            (gTibber)     {channel="tibber:tibberapi:d743154f:live_minPower"}
Number      TibberAPILiveAveragePower             "Average Power Consumption [%.0f W]"        (gTibber)     {channel="tibber:tibberapi:d743154f:live_averagePower"}
Number      TibberAPILiveMaxPower                 "Max Power Consumption [%.0f W]"            (gTibber)     {channel="tibber:tibberapi:d743154f:live_maxPower"}
Number      TibberAPILiveVoltage1                 "Live Voltage Phase  [%.0f V]1"             (gTibber)     {channel="tibber:tibberapi:d743154f:live_voltage1"}
Number      TibberAPILiveVoltage2                 "Live Voltage Phase 2 [%.0f V]"             (gTibber)     {channel="tibber:tibberapi:d743154f:live_voltage2"}
Number      TibberAPILiveVoltage3                 "Live Voltage Phase 3 [%.0f V]"             (gTibber)     {channel="tibber:tibberapi:d743154f:live_voltage3"}
Number      TibberAPILiveCurrent1                 "Live Current Phase 1 [%.1f A]"             (gTibber)     {channel="tibber:tibberapi:d743154f:live_current1"}
Number      TibberAPILiveCurrent2                 "Live Current Phase 2 [%.1f A]"             (gTibber)     {channel="tibber:tibberapi:d743154f:live_current2"}
Number      TibberAPILiveCurrent3                 "Live Current Phase 3 [%.1f A]"             (gTibber)     {channel="tibber:tibberapi:d743154f:live_current3"}
Number      TibberAPILivePowerProduction          "Live Power Production [%.0f W]"            (gTibber)     {channel="tibber:tibberapi:d743154f:live_powerProduction"}
Number      TibberAPILiveMinPowerproduction       "Min Power Production [%.0f W]"             (gTibber)     {channel="tibber:tibberapi:d743154f:live_minPowerproduction"}
Number      TibberAPILiveMaxPowerproduction       "Power consumption/production [%.0f W]"         (gTibber)     {channel="tibber:tibberapi:d743154f:live_maxPowerproduction"}
Number      TibberAPILiveAccumulatedProduction    "Accumulated Production [%.2f kWh]"    (gTibber)     {channel="tibber:tibberapi:d743154f:live_accumulatedProduction"}
String      TibberAPIPriceLevel                   "Price Level [%s]"    (gTibber)     {channel="tibber:tibberapi:d743154f:current_level"}

Raspberry pi 4
Openhabian
Openhab 2.5.10-1

new to OpenHab, but I just installed the Tibber-Binding. Noticed that the log was spammed with [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - TibberAPI_PowerConsumptionProduction changed from ... ...
I added a filter to the logs:

/var/lib/openhab2/etc/org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg

log4j2.appender.event.filter.tibber.type = RegexFilter log4j2.appender.event.filter.tibber.regex = .*(TibberAPI_PowerConsumptionProduction|TibberAPI_TotalCost).* log4j2.appender.event.filter.tibber.onMatch = DENY log4j2.appender.event.filter.tibber.onMisMatch = ACCEPT

Now i get a few of these every hour. Any idea whats going on?

[WARN ] [ibber.internal.handler.TibberHandler] - IO Exception: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Total timeout 20000 ms elapsed

The TibberAPI_PowerConsumptionProduction should be actual updates/changes of your item.

For the Total timeout 20000 ms elapsed, this often happens immediately after hour changes, as Tibber requires some time to calculate the new values. Uncertain how this could be avoided.