Tp-link HS300?

(John Riker) #1

The TP-Link binding doesn’t mention the Kasa Smart WiFi Power Strip by TP-Link - 6 Outlet Surge Protection, Works with Alexa Echo & Google (HS300). Does the binding support this and can it access the monitoring capabilities?

Thanks.

JR

0 Likes

(Hilbrand Bouwkamp) #2

Finally someone asking about the device :smile:. The binding doesn’t support it. I have been looking into it and also have some code prepared supporting both hs107 and hs300, but since I don’t have either the device and no one has been asking about it I didn’t continue working on it. If someone is able to test this device I’ll finish the work and make the binding available via the eclipse market place.

0 Likes

(Tyler Peterson) #3

Hi, I own a HS300 and would love to help test your code on it

0 Likes

(Hilbrand Bouwkamp) #4

I’ve created an issue on the openhab2-addons repository to keep track of the status and also with some questions. You can give feedback either on the issue or here in this topic. I’m going to supply a new binding with support to test and will let you know in this topic. Here is the link to the issue:

0 Likes

(Hilbrand Bouwkamp) #5

I’ve create an initial version supporting HS107, HS300, KP200 and KP400. The binding is available through the Eclipse IoT marketplace and can thus be installed from PaperUI when the MarketPlace is enabled in PaperUI -> Configuration -> System with Maturity Level Beta.

Let me know what works and what doesn’t. If you are experiencing problems please enable log level TRACE. In karaf console: log:set TRACE org.openhab.binding.tplinksmarthome . Make sure to disable it when done, otherwise you’ll get lots of logging: log:set DEFAULT org.openhab.binding.tplinksmarthome

0 Likes

TP-Link binding support for HS300 Wi-Fi power strip request
(Andrew Rowe) #6

Terrific!
I just purchased one because I needed a power strip anyhow. It was not cheap, $80 usd. It has 6 outlets, all individually controllable, and 3 usb power outlets. Downside and warning to OpenHABbers who don’t like cloud stuff, it required creating an online account to get the power strip to even turn on (no on/off button either)
Ive purchased 2 TP-Link WiFi minis and like them a lot (no cloud or account needed) so I have high hopes this is a good product.

Hilbrand, thanks so much for all your hard work and I will install new binding and have a go and report back good or bad

Update:
Beta version works a treat! (perfect)
hint: I uninstall 2.4 stable version first

0 Likes