Tradfri 1.8.25 - offline - communication_error

Interesting! Good info!

After gateway firmware 1.9.27 update it has worked 100% Never seen it offline after that.
(on M3)

1 Like

Mine is still broken :frowning: I have to reboot the gateway to get it back online, however it does come back online in openhab without me doing anything.

Iā€™ve had this issue for months (april?), but no time to do any troubleshooting. Is it possible to only update the binding to solve this? Iā€™d like to run 2.4 until 2.5 is releasedā€¦

Iā€™ll answer my own question in case someone else has the same issue. My Tradfri gateway came online after updating to the latest binding.

Following the guide here
http://blog.haupt.xyz/index.php/openHABconsole
using this address to get the binding
https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/online-repo-snapshot/2.5/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.tradfri/2.5.0-SNAPSHOT/org.openhab.binding.tradfri-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

2 Likes

On M4 it started acting up again :roll_eyes:

For me the gateway only came online when I disconnected the gateway from the Ikea Home Smart App.
Took me a long time to figure this out, hadnā€™t read it on any forum yet.

I canā€™t get this to work anymore. Thing always says ā€œStatus: OFFLINE - COMMUNICATION_ERROR Error connecting to gateway.ā€

I already removed the thing (paperui), clean-cache, restart, reboot, gateway reset to factory defaults, removed/reinstalled binding, nothing helps

Iā€™m on OH2.5, gateway is 1.9.27

Any idea?

Never mind guys, problem solved

May I ask how you solved it?
Thanks, Dietmar

PEBCAK issue :rofl:

I was using the serial number instead of the security code, took me 12h to discoverā€¦

Well,

seems it not solved completely afterall.

Every couple hours my gateway goes offline and can not even connect anymore with the ikea app.
All I need to do is power cycle the gateway, restart the binding and then it works for a couple hours.

Do I have a malfunctioning gateway?

Greetz,
Eric

When this happened to me after they pushed a new gateway FW, I had to reset the gateway with a pin and re-include everything. Thatā€™s when I said never again and ditched that gateway in favor of conBee/deCONZ. It can even upgrade device firmware. More.

1 Like

It happens every couple hours, and this is what i noticed in the log:

[WARN ] [discovery.TradfriDiscoveryParticipant] - Discovered Tradfri gateway doesn't have an IP 
address: [ServiceInfoImpl@1798094391 name: 'gw-44916030ff2d._coap._udp.local.' address: 
'(null):5684' status: 'NO DNS state: probing 1 task: null', has NO data, empty]

Although it is defined in the things file:

Bridge tradfri:gateway:ikea [ host="10.0.10.202", code="**************" ]

Any idea?

In the meantime i order a usb zigbee stick to move to zigbee2mqtt in the hope this solves this crap.

Greetz,
Eric