[Tradfri] Adressing brightness and colortemp in one Echo item

Hey guys,

I currently moved away from using the IKEA skill for Amazon Echo to using the discovered OH items through the Echo v3 skill.
When using the IKEA skill, the light bulbs react on “dimm the light” and “make the light colder/warmer”, which are 2 individual setting.
Now with OH, I only get one of those settings to work or - with a Group Item - both at the same time.

Group gEsstischAlexa "Esstisch Tester" { alexa="Lighting"}

Dimmer Esstisch_Bright_Test "Esstisch Helligkeit" (gEsstischAlexa) { channel="tradfri:0220:gwdcefcabd3323:esstisch:brightness", alexa="BrightnessController.Brightness"}
Dimmer Esstisch_Colortemp_Test "Esstisch Farbtemperatur"  (gEsstischAlexa) { channel="tradfri:0220:gwdcefcabd3323:esstisch:color_temperature", alexa="ColorTemperatureController.ColorTemperature"}

With this one, the values for color_temperature and brightness change together, meaning the higher the brightness is set, the higher the color_temp will get.

Can you think of a way where I have both options available via voice?

Thanks in advance
Alex

Edit: I also tried using just one item instead of a Group item, but with the same result…

Dimmer Esstisch_Hell "Esstisch" <light>(gKitchenLightsIkea, gEsstisch) { alexa="BrightnessController.Brightness,ColorTemperatureController.ColorTemperature", channel="tradfri:0220:gwdcefcabd3323:esstisch:brightness,tradfri:0220:gwdcefcabd3323:esstisch:color_temperature" }

The Alexa metadata syntax on your color temperature item is incorrect. Additionally, you should probably add the power controller to your brightness item as well so you can turn on and off these lights.

Other than that it should work the same way than the IKEA skill unless the binding is doing some adjustment in the background.

Group gEsstischAlexa "Esstisch Tester" { alexa="Lighting"}

Dimmer Esstisch_Bright_Test "Esstisch Helligkeit" (gEsstischAlexa) { channel="tradfri:0220:gwdcefcabd3323:esstisch:brightness", alexa="PowerController.powerState,BrightnessController.brightness"}
Dimmer Esstisch_Colortemp_Test "Esstisch Farbtemperatur"  (gEsstischAlexa) { channel="tradfri:0220:gwdcefcabd3323:esstisch:color_temperature", alexa="ColorTemperatureController.colorTemperatureInKelvin"}
1 Like

That did the job! Appreciated!