Tried to execute command but not in whitelist (EXEC)?

this worked!!! thanks a ton @rlkoshak you are a savior, thanks for helping me with all this!

One last question, so I publish something like {“data”:[“one”,“two”]} but openhab takes it as {data:[one,two]} so when openhab passes the one without quotes to the program, I get an error because without quotes it’s not a valid json array

Is there a way to make sure the quotes stay? thanks

It should not strip the quotes off. I bet if you get rid of the transformation and see the raw message being sent to an Item you’ll see the quotes are preserved. I suspect it has something to do with how the data is passed to the script on the command line (i.e. the quotes are stripped outside of OH). You can try putting the %s in single quotes '%s'. Often that will tell the command prompt to not mess with the text.

If that doesn’t work, you’ll probably have to file an issue.

you are right, i used another item to display whatever msg it receives and that has the quotes, but when it’s passed to the script the quotes go away it seems. Using cmd I have to use " in between " "

so like i have to send “”“data”"" from command prompt to get “data” in openhab so i guess the command gets rid of the " from whatever that’s passed to %s…