- Platform information:
- Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4
- OS: openhabian
- Java Runtime Environment: default
- openHAB version: 3.0.0
- Issue of the topic:
tl;dr: please keep configuration files and broaden them to cover all the new UI things. Ideally, have the UI back annotate into the /etc/openhab config files.
I really love the new chart tools that I see in Chart Pages. They look gorgeous and are responsive. I hope, but don’t know, that they are lighter weight than my previous use of influxdb and grafana.
I’m nervous having two systems in place at the same time, though I recognize that is necessary for backward compatibility.
But I just hope that the config files are not on their way out.
The biggest advantage they have over the UI is being able to easily understand them as a user. It means I can package up the user-configurable elements to my installation and then use them again on a completely different system… either by cut and pasting elements that someone else designed or when I upgrade/downgrade my system. It’s so easy to find problems by looking at log files and fixing those files.
- Please post configurations (if applicable):
- Items configuration related to the issue
- Sitemap configuration related to the issue
- Rules code related to the issue
- Services configuration related to the issue
- If logs where generated please post these here using code fences: