Unable to add thing for FF-ZWAVE5-ECO: Duplicate channels

I’m running OpenHAB 3.3 and when I attempt to add my FF-ZWAVE5-ECO, I get a generic error message in the UI and in openhab.log, I get:

2022-10-02 18:14:09.438 [ERROR] [ore.internal.discovery.InboxResource] - Thing zwave:device:aabbccddee:node21 unable to be approved: Duplicate channels zwave:device:aabbccddee:node21:sensor_temperature

Checking OpenSmartHouse Z-Wave Device Database, I saw that there were two channels with the sensor_temperature name, so I combined them into one.

Looking at previous posts where people have had similar problems with other devices, it looks like it takes an admin push from @chris to get the update into the database and deployed.

It looks like someone edited this device, and didn’t request a review, so it gets stuck. I don’t see any duplicate channel, so it should come through the system in a few days.

Sorry about that; I was looking for a “submit for review” button, but I didn’t see one. I now see that it only shows up on the Overview tab. Anyway, thanks for catching that and I now know for next time.

Great, I look forward to being able to setup these devices. Thanks for your help!

1 Like