Unable to lock/unlock zwave lock Kwikset 910

What’s the question ;). Locks are working as per the link I posted immediately above…

whelp, I’m an idiot

I have a Kwikset 910 Z-Wave Contemporary SmartCode Electronic Touchpad which I am trying to get running in OH2 (build 978). I have a Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Wave Z-Stick, Gen5 USB stick.

Installed the test binding into the addons folder today ( 2.1.0.201707041737).
Unfortunately this version of the binding does not recognize the lock (the 2.2.0 Snapshot version does recognize it as 914TRL Touchpad Electronic Deadbolt). The system doesn’t generate a node file at all for this one.

Log file says:
2017-07-05 18:54:17.136 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - Initializing ZWave thing handler zwave:device:15a9b6d2cb3:node20.
2017-07-05 18:54:17.137 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 20: MANUFACTURER not set

I wonder which Kwikset model has been used by the other users?

[Update] After letting the system run during the night the node has updated and recognized the lock correctly.

HI

i am facing same issue where the kwikset 910 is being recognized as TRL 914 and it does not work in terms of status updates, battery levels or open/ close commands.

Just downloaded the latest version of openhab2 as raspberry pi openhabian image so everything should e latest version (i think). I am just 3 days new to open hab :slight_smile:

the doorlock works perfectly with another similar automation system called Openremote and Gen5 z-stick

I have heard a lot of good things about openhab so want to give this a try.

Thanks

That’s how the Kwikset gets recognized.

Make sure the lock was included securely. You can do that in HABmin by looking at the Thing attributes. The “Using Security” attribute should show a green checkmark if it’s included securely.

Thanks Mark, is there a way to force association using security enabled?
I don’t have the doorlock with as I am travelling for the next few days but i tried 2 other sensors (door sensor and remotec switch)- for both in Habmin under attributes security shows a “?”

i am wondering if I have to set a parameter somewhere so that the Gen5 stick will only perform secure inclusions?

In HABmin, select the Z-Wave Serial Controller thing. then select Tools->Advanced Settings.

On the Z-Wave Network Settings panel, Secure Inclusion Mode should be set to Entry Control Devices if you want to use security just for locks. I think this is the default. You can change it to All Devices if you want to use security for other device types that support secure inclusion.

As for the Kwikset, you may need to place the lock within very close proximity of the Z-Wave stick.

You may already know this, but you need to use HABmin to do the secure inclusion. You can’t do secure inclusion by removing the stick from the openHAB server.

Thanks Mark. I will try the lock in secure mode this weekend.

However i tried to connect another battery powered sensor in the secure mode and having no luck. I have another thread going as below; if yo uhave any inputs / thoughts / ideas on how to resolve this issue that would be great.