I discovered, that the Z-Wave binding treats/discovers the Eurotronic Spirit as Unknown Device lately. I can’t tell since wich version it is that way. I discovered this behavior with the 2.5.11-1 (Release Build), wich I installed today. Also I tried the 22.214.171.124012141658 Snapshot of the Z-Wave binding with no difference to me.
OH2 Version: openHAB 2.5.11-1 (Release Build)
Binding Version (if SNAPSHOT, provide compile time as found on the filename in the console): 2.5.11 (Release Build) and also 126.96.36.199012141658 (Snapshot)
Device name: Eurotronics Spirit
Device version: 2 I think / Firmware 0.15 (I also have devices with 0.16 with the same problem)
Link to database: https://opensmarthouse.org/zwavedatabase/710
If there is an XML being generted for the device (in the /userdata/zwave folder), please provide it. network_e23c8a22__node_25.xml (18.0 KB)
I wanted to change a configuration setting of one of my Spirits and discovered in Habmin, that all of them were grey with a delete button. I have not discovered any disfunction on them so far.
Since I thought there might be a change in the binding wich needs to remove and redetect this devices I deleted nodes 25 and 28. Then I started discovering in Paper UI. The nodes were discovered directly, but only as Unknown Device. I added them again and hoped it will change, but they are still Unknown.
If I look at the properties of the Unknown Device, it looks somehow alright to me. I have no idea, why it’s not discovered anymore in the right way.
Somehow strange in my opinion is, that I can not find anything about node 25 and 28 in the zwave.log. I see conversation with the nodes I did not delete so far, but not with the readded ones, even during the adding of node 25 there is noting about it in the logs.
During restart of openHAB and before adding node 25 again I found an entry in the openhab.log about node 28:
2020-12-15 18:17:30.786 [WARN ] [pse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManagerImpl] - Initializing handler for thing ‘zwave:device:zjarvis:node28’ takes more than 5000ms.
But I don’t know how/if it is related to the problem.
Grey things with delete button and properties of readded node 28:
If you used the script to install the binding, then use the script to uninstall too, so that the dependencies are removed. These are additional jar files downloaded to the adfons directory, so you could just manually delete them too, but that usually requires at least a reboot, but you may need to clear the cache too.