Unrecognized device - Inovelli NZW30S

what do i do about my devices? they are all uninitialized now

You have the new zwave binding installed, but it is not running. My guess is that you do not have one of the dependencies installed. If this is the case, you will have errors in the openhab.log. Do you see any? You can also run this in the console to see what is/is not resolved…

bundle:requirements org.openhab.binding.zwave 

If everything resolves and you do not see errors, then for some reason the binding did not start up, so…

bundle:start org.openhab.binding.zwave

says Bundle 237 is not resolved. when i run bundle:requirements…

here is the error log

`2020-02-13 16:23:59.519 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.zwave           ] - FrameworkEvent ERROR - org.openhab.binding.zwave
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zwave [237]
  Unresolved requirement: Require-Capability: osgi.extender; filter:="(&(osgi.extender=osgi.component)(version>=1.4.0)(!(version>=2.

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1634) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1614) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1585) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1528) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340) [?:?]
2020-02-13 16:24:09.616 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: 
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zwave [237]
  Unresolved requirement: Require-Capability: osgi.extender; filter:="(&(osgi.extender=osgi.component)(version>=1.4.0)(!(version>=2.
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) [?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstal
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinsta
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1221) [9:org.apache.felix.filein
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:515) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
`

You are running a 2.4 SNAPSHOT. You are likely the first trying to run a 2.5.2 SNAPSHOT binding.
The 2.4 version you are running has expected bugs that were later fixed in a stable release.

You are long overdue for an OpenHAB upgrade. Remove the manually installed binding before you do so.

Bruce if I knew how to upgrade to 2.5 on windows 10 I would do it but I have no idea how. at this point i’m already trying a fresh install of 2.5 and just redoing everything all over again.

i made sure everything in the addons folder gives full permissions to everyone (remember im on windows10)

here is my openhab log from today:
openhab-2-13-20.log (62.7 KB)

The binding version dependencies are failing according to an earlier post. That new binding is not meant to run on your old unstable version…

I knew I saw upgrade notes somewhere. I think this post and following in the thread should help you.

I upgraded manually and that worked. I should have done that 8 hours ago.
thanks for your help Ill have to check all my devices and test all the rules…

:slight_smile: :grinning:

1 Like

Did you delete the manually installed addons? you should try the stable ones first, IMHO.

Hi Bruce,
I don’t have any manually installed add ons so all good there. The only issue I have is one of my sensors is only reporting C and I need F.

I’m not sure who to address this to, but the official documentation for updating openhab could be clearer. The manual update was very easy, yet is says not recommended in the documentation. It should also make clear that this update is for all versions (even in the future?). I couldn’t run the Powershell script due to some permissions error and I’m not familiar enough with Powershell to troubleshoot. I like Openhab very much, but I shouldn’t have to rely on the kindness of strangers (although very appreciated) for basic things like device unrecognized and upgrading.

Also when a device is unrecognized is there a way to manually add the details locally? If not I think this would be a good idea.

I hope my comments are helpful and thank you all for saving me again!

What sensor is that? I did not see it quickly scanning this thread.

ZOOZ 4-in-1 Sensor ZSE40 VER. 2.0

Look at configuration parameter 1?

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/491

If not, I know Zooz support is top notch in helpfulness.

1 Like

I changed it in the device settings and it seems to save but im still getting C:

Are you sure that change saves to the device? Battery devices need to be awake to get changes. Did it release a temperature update after the configuration change?

Another option would be to use openHAB’s units of measurement. What does your Item configuration look like for that temperature?

I don’t see an update in the logs for temperature since i change the setting.

Not sure if this is what you are asking about

i am seeing all devices changing from from UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_MISSING_ERROR) to INITIALIZING, from UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_MISSING_ERROR) to INITIALIZING, from UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_MISSING_ERROR) to INITIALIZING, from UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_MISSING_ERROR) to INITIALIZING - not sure if this is related

I do not usually use Paper UI to create Items. Let’s check your system settings.

Configuration -> System -> Regional Settings -> more

Try setting to Imperial and saving. That makes it the default when units are not defined in a label.

setting changed and saved, but still showing C

What have you got your location set to?

The issue will be linked to localisation.

1 Like