Unsupported command class CLIMATE_CONTROL_SCHEDULE

Hello,

I had an openhab 1.7.0 running on a PC and a few danfoss LC13 thermostats. I had running without problems.

Recently I have moved openhab to a raspberry pi and version 1.7.1 (moving the usb dongle to the RPi). Openhab was installed from packages and I copied all /etc/openhab/configurations to the new system. But since then, the temperature of my LC13 thermostats is not updated.

All I can see in openhab.log is lots of errors like:

2015-11-22 11:54:20.919 [WARN ] [.o.b.z.i.p.c.ZWaveCommandClass] - NODE 7: Unsupported command class CLIMATE_CONTROL_SCHEDULE
2015-11-22 11:54:58.112 [WARN ] [.o.b.z.i.p.c.ZWaveCommandClass] - NODE 16: Unsupported command class CLIMATE_CONTROL_SCHEDULE
2015-11-22 11:57:02.544 [WARN ] [.o.b.z.i.p.c.ZWaveCommandClass] - NODE 14: Unsupported command class CLIMATE_CONTROL_SCHEDULE

The item definition for these devices is like:

Number  lc13_salon_temp "Temperatura SalĂłn [%.1f ÂşC]"   <heating>   (G_termostatos_temps, G_cabezales_temps)    { zwave="7:command=thermostat_setpoint,setpoint_type=1,setpoint_scale=0,refresh_interval=300" }

The only difference I have found between my previous system is that in the former I had a /etc/openhab/jetty/etc/zwave/ directory with some a xml file for every device, and in the new system I don’t have this directory.

Any help?

If you did an apt-get install on Raspbian the folder for the xml files is
/var/lib/openhab/zwave

On the other hand I would be interested in an answer too, because in my case I can change the temperature with setpoint or by rule, but have the same error in my log:

items:

Number DanLivConnZSet1 “Heizung Bad [%.1f °C]” (gTest) { zwave=“8:command=thermostat_setpoint,setpoint_type=1,setpoint_scale=0” }

sitemap:

Setpoint item=DanLivConnZSet1 minValue=4 maxValue=30 step=1

zwave.log:

2015-11-22 18:16:46.912 [ERROR] [ApplicationCommandMessageClass:75 ]- NODE 8: Unsupported command class CLIMATE_CONTROL_SCHEDULE (0x46)

Finally, the reason why thermostat were not updated was an incorrect rule, not related with error log.

But I’m still looking for a reason for this error log.

Hi,

in this way it works very well. In the errorlog you see this message because OH do not support the class CLIMATE_CONTROL_SCHEDULE (it’s a temperatur offset and normaly not interesting). The other thing in this case: When OH do not support some command classes: How can i prevend them to appear in the log?

BR
Hubertus

Hey,

i have got the same errors in the openhab.log and i think this is not good for the battery life time, they are at 86% after a few weeks.

Can anyone solve the Problem?

BR
marc

If you mean this related to the CLIMATE_CONTROL_SCHEDULE error: no, it has nothing to do with battery life.
Take a look at your wakeup period, it should be at around 300 (seconds). It it is set to a shorter time it will eat your battery. Also check if the little “Bell sign” in your display is blinking: remove the battery and put in back in, the blinking will disappear. That means it has lost connection to the controller and THAT eats a lot of battery.

Oh ok. i think there was an context between, cause it looks like that the error comes from the node:

An all thermostats the wakeup period is set to 300 seconds (i mean this is standard)

I will check that when i 'm at home.

Yes, it comes from that node, but it is just an error message that this command class isn’t supported: no need to worry.

Hi,

i have some LC13 thermostats, too and also have that “log flooding” with the following warnings/errors from each node:

2016-04-28 04:17:59.432 [WARN ] [.o.b.z.i.p.c.ZWaveCommandClass] - NODE 8: Unsupported command class CLIMATE_CONTROL_SCHEDULE
2016-04-28 04:17:59.432 [ERROR] [ApplicationCommandMessageClass] - NODE 8: Unsupported command class CLIMATE_CONTROL_SCHEDULE (0x46)

There is no problem with functionality, but is there an option to get rid of that messages? I fear to miss more important messages if every node reports constantly theese messages.

Thanks for the help,
Stefan

for me too! I have 10 Danfoss thermostats and 90% of my log is “unsupported command …”. Is there an option to bear down it? Because when OH not support the command ONE Information is sufficiently.

2016-05-20 15:04:07.496 [WARN ] [.o.b.z.i.p.c.ZWaveCommandClass] - NODE 71: Unsupported command class CLIMATE_CONTROL_SCHEDULE
    2016-05-20 15:04:07.497 [ERROR] [.ZWaveMultiCommandCommandClass] - NODE 71: CommandClass %s not implemented.
    2016-05-20 15:04:07.499 [WARN ] [.o.b.z.i.p.c.ZWaveCommandClass] - NODE 71: Unsupported command class CLOCK
    2016-05-20 15:04:07.501 [ERROR] [.ZWaveMultiCommandCommandClass] - NODE 71: CommandClass %s not implemented.

@Chris, could you please have a look at this? Can you confirm that this command class isn’t (yet) supported? Are there any plans to change this? Or any hints how to avoid this “log flooding”? :wink:

Any news here?

No - no news as yet…

Hi there, is someone thinking about taking care of this issue? The best should be to add in OH the support for the CLIMATE_CONTROL_SCHEDULE class (I’d like the option to program the LC13 internal scheduling engine) but also an option to suppress the mutiple messages in the log should be fine.

I started to look at this, but at the moment am looking at a way to add support for classes using auto generated code directly from the ZWave standard which would obviously include this. So, this should be implemented in the medium term.

Thanks Chris, the auto generated code is undoubtedly a great solution, but what about a simple short term feature to suppress the mutiple messages in the log?

I’ve changed these messages to debug level…

1 Like

Sorry @chris for digging out this thread. I still do get WARN messages for this:

2016-12-19 09:49:36.151 [WARN ] [veClimateControlScheduleCommandClass] - NODE 2: Unsupported Command 8 for command class CLIMATE_CONTROL_SCHEDULE (0x46).

Did you changed this already to debug level (as mentioned above)?

I am on a quite recent snapshot build (some days old). Or am I doing something wrong?

No, same here :slight_smile:
2016-12-19 10:03:58.636 [WARN ] [veClimateControlScheduleCommandClass] - NODE 8: Unsupported Command 8 for command class CLIMATE_CONTROL_SCHEDULE (0x46).