Unsupported request method DELETE

I am getting the above error when i try to delete a Thing or Item from PaperUI. This is via OpenhabCloud.

I’ve also seen this behavior. I haven’t had a free evening to look into the error, so I’m not sure if it’s a bug or a security feature that attempts to prevent cloud clients from trashing your installation. If I get some time I’ll look into it and report back.

1 Like

I’m seeing this issue in two instances of OpenHab2 now.

Snapshot build version - 1304

I simply can not delete any ITEM from within PaperUI.

All items have been created in PaperUI, without SIMPLE Linking

My case was related to openhabcloud. For you case you can try karaf console > smarthome:items remove

1 Like

I also get this error when accessing PaperUI through myopenhab.org. Whan trying directly to the local IP address to my Raspberry it works.

Hi,

I just took a look at the openhabcloud binding and can confirm that only GET, PUT and POST requests are supported. I assume that is in order to prevent the possibility of unauthorized users deleting things and the like. I’m not sure it makes a lot of sense given that the same unauthorized user could do something like turning your heating setpoint way up, which is a far bigger practical risk, imho. :open_mouth:

That said, the code that would be required to enable DELETE is fairly straightforward. See handleRequestEvent() in CloudClient.java. The relevant code is about 2/3 through that method. Might make sense to have a setting that allows “full remote control”…

see https://github.com/openhab/openhab-cloud/issues/200