Viessmann API binding for OpenHAB 4.0 [4.0.0;5.0.0)

Hello,
I have since updated to OH 4.0.1 and also reinstalled the Viessmann binding, following the instructions here.
Everything worked right away. Many thanks for the instructions!

For installation: I use the latest Openhabian image on a Raspi with JDK 17.0.7.

Unfortunately there is a problem when restarting OH, then both things (Bridge & Boiler) show the status “Error:Handler”.

Only deleting the binding and re-installing solved the problem, so things come back to the “Online” status.

Is there a way to avoid reinstalling the binding?

Hi,

I assume you have the 4.0.1 version of the plugin, you can check in the bridge properties.

I had released version 4.0.1 because of this problem, and I thought I had fixed it after many hours debugging. What happens is that OpenHAB actually uninstalls the binding on startup.

Unfortunately, I look at my own installation this morning, and discover that it had a restart due to an OS update, and it is still doing it. I will have to look into it again.

Hi,

thanks for your quick response!

It is true, it’s the 4.0.1:

Viele Grüße

Hans-Jürgen König

Tel. +49 2381 9999108

Hi, found that for my vitodens 100 manual-mode setpoint temp is missed in channels list.
heating_circuits_0_operating_programs_manual channel, is was there for previous versions )

Hi there,

I have not seen the actual temperature value populated for operating.programs.manual in any sample json files I’ve been sent, as far as I know it isn’t populated.
However, by manually editing a test json file, I was able to verify that if the temperature value is populated similar to other programs, it will be reported by the binding:

So therefore, I think that it may have been reported by the API once before, but no longer is. I have a Vitodens 100-W and my boiler does not report it and never has, to my knowledge.

Otherwise, if you think it is present, can you please send me the responseCapture.json from your system as documented here:
https://community.openhab.org/t/viessmann-api-binding-for-3-4-x-3-4-0-3-5-0/145197/41

(the bridge properties will tell you where to find the file when you enable the capture)

This is the OpenHAB console, it’s documented here:
https://www.openhab.org/docs/administration/console.html

Access varies according to your installation method, usually it’s either accessible by ssh to localhost on port 8101 or access via running $OPENHAB_RUNTIME/bin/client
where $OPENHAB_RUNTIME is the installation folder of OpenHAB

Hi,

the binding does work very good since a couple of weeks on my system.
There is one item I am missing “Fuel Consumtion” (I do have a Pellet heater).
Is this already included or is this on the todo list?

Best regards,
Thomas

Their API documentation doesn’t seem to list pellet consumption, only gas and electricity consumption, so I wasn’t aware that this is a feature that could even be reported. Is it reported in your app? And if so, in what units?

If you think it might be available, then you can send me the captureResponse.json.

Enable the following setting on the Viessmann Bridge:

Then under the thing properties the responseCaptureFolder property will tell you where to find the json capture files

If you go to that folder then send me those files, I can see if the feature is reported or not. (And possibly fix any other missing features if they are not shown)

Hi,

the app shows the “Fuel Consumtion” in “kg”. It is reported under “Diagnostic Informations” → “Heat Generator”
Files sent via message.

1 Like

Hi,

would it also be possible to include the following data points:

heating.power.##
heating.gas.##

Especially the energy consumption can be very interesting.

Thanks

Hi,

These features should already be supported:

Hi rtuck99,

heating.power.consumption.dhw
heating.power.consumption.heating
heating.gas.consumption.total
still missing.

If you want I can send you the capture json files?

Thanks!

Hi,
Great Binding!
I‘d like to extract more data for my heat pump and thinking about paying for the Advance API package of Viessmann. Would the binding have the additional data implemented as well? Or do I need to write my own API Programm for requesting the advanced data?
Thanks,
Kris

Hi, yes please send me a json file - I think these should be visible, so maybe there is something odd about your json response.

I don‘t have a JSON file yet, but an Example would be the power consumption of the heating rod:

heating.heatingRod.power.consumption.current

Shows the current power consumption of the heting rod

Further messages can be found here.
Link

The relevant are marked with „advanced“ as from my understanding these are ones you have to pay for. However for me makes no sense to pay, if they are not considered in the binding.

Hope you get my point :slight_smile:

I don’t support any of the heatingRod properties at the moment, and you will only have access to those if you are paying Viessmann for the advanced version of the API. I can’t add anything other than very speculative code to support it as even if I were to pay for the advanced version of the API myself, I wouldn’t see those properties because I don’t have that feature in my heating system.

In theory they ought to be similar to other consumption statistics properties and should be possible to add support for fairly easily. However I can’t guarantee that your system will even populate those properties, so I think if you really want it you should contact Viessmann to make sure your system will expose them.

All I can really say is, if you do get support for the advanced API, I will be more than happy to add support for whatever it exposes as far as is reasonably possible, provided I have a JSON. The JSON is quite important as having it enables me to add it to unit tests to ensure that the feature doesn’t get broken in future versions of the addon.

Many thanks for now. I might come back to you once my system is finally installed and if I have decided to pay for the advanced.

I did a successful confuguration of binding, status green, but nothing in the inbox. What have i to do next? Thanks

If you’ve already signed up for the API, authorised the binding, then it should autodiscover your devices, it will poll for new ones periodically, pausing and restarting the bridge may nudge it to rescan. However I expect by now they should have already appeared. What does your binding list as discovered devices in the vicare/setup page?

Mhmm, successfully configured and running since days, but nothing in inbox. I didn’t reboot the raspberry.