VSC openHAB Alignment Tool

Hey guys,

we reached more than 1300 users now which are using the alignment tool. That is incredible.
How is your experience with the extension? Do you guys experience any problems? Are there wishes for new features? Please let me know.

Thank you very much. I appreciate your cooperation.

All the best,
Max

Yes I think I have found a problem.
Even after setting the new line after each item checkbox, it deletes the new line after each item and also donā€™t make any new lineā€¦

Thank you for reporting.
The new version should fix this issue.

1 Like

Hi @Max_Bec,

Thanks for this tool, saves me a lot of time! I wish I found out about it 2 years ago.

What I noticed is that it puts 1 or more tabs at the end of each line.

@stfn82, thank you for the feedback. Glad to hear that you enjoy the extension.

I am already aware of the problem. And solving it is the first point on my bucket list. So expect a fix soon!

The fix was easier than expected. Version 1.3.9 should be online in a few minutes and fix the bug.

4 Likes

Wow thatā€™s fast :smile:

I can confirm that itā€™s fixed :+1:

I get the following error installing your tool on VSC 1.39.2

Its a superb tool! Many thanks for developing it/making it available.

Any chance you can extend it to support .things files as well?

Vscode is available in version 1.41 already. Maybe Max increased the needed version for his extension.

1 Like

Hey @smar, thank you very much. Yes that is already on my feature-list.

1 Like

Hmm, could be, but for a nice feature I am trying, I would need a version for 1.39.2 :wink:

1 Like

Hey guys,

a little reminder for all of you:
Please open an issue on github if you have any ideas for enhacements, bugs, etc. This method helps me to bundle and streamline all your requests.

1 Like

Hello openhabers,

i just released version 1.3.10
Thanks to the issue reports a few bugs where fixed and i also added a new formatting style.
ā€œChannelColumnā€. With this style multiple channel commands get formatted in new lines.

Example:

Thank you very much CWempe for your idea.

4 Likes

Hello folks,

i just completed the development of the first implementation of Sitemap formatting. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The current version is 1.3.11 and itā€™s already available in the Visual Studio Code Marketplace. The formatting of .sitemap files is still in beta stadium. So please test the new feature and give me some feedback about it.

Here is a little demo GIF:

Thank you very much and i hope you appreciate the new functionality.
Max

5 Likes

Hi Max, I just tried it out and noticed that lines that have been completely commented out are deleted. So, this:

Text item=UPS_Status
// Text item=UPS_Runtime

Becomes this:

Text item=UPS_Status
//

Thanks for your efforts!

1 Like

Good morning Russ,

please check with the new version 1.3.12
Each comment is printed in a new line now. This is the quickest fix i am able to offer right now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hereā€™s what I got this time:

Text item=UPS_Status

//
Text item=UPS_Runtime

So, the commented item is still there, but itā€™s no longer commented out. Also, this:

// Switch item=Flag_Test label="Test Switch" icon="door"

Became this:

//
Switch item=Flag_Test label="Test
Switch" icon="door"

I checked, and reformatting of items files still works fine in this regard. Itā€™s just the sitemaps that are an issue.

1 Like

Hey Russ,

could you please open an issue on github? Thank you very much.
I already have an idea how to fix it, but i probably wonā€™t be able to solve this problem until tonight.

1 Like

Done.