Washing machine status widget

I added dryer mode as a small update in the first post :+1:

@muelli1967 could you explain what you have modified to show the widget in the rounded cell style?

I am using only these rounded cells, would be nice to add this widget in the same style as well.
Thanks!

I am away from my computer for a couple of days and will send it once back.

sorry guys, but I don´t get where I have to let the widget know what device/item I´m talking about. I can configure the states but still the widget won´t know which item it should watch.

edit: Ok, I found it…

I made an update to the first post: The look and feel of the washing machine will now be the same on android and iOS devices. Thanks goes to @Nico_R who created this custom component for the dishwasher status widget.

Hi, everyone.

I get the following error on the UI when trying to install this widget and the Dishwasher Status :

Installation of add-on 116621 failed

On the Karaf console I get the following:

12/26/2022 20:45:52.656 [ERROR] [mmunity.CommunityUIWidgetAddonHandler] - Widget from marketplace is invalid: Couldn't find the widget in the add-on entry

I installed other widgets from Rich Koshak and Thomas Lauterbach without problems.
I’m running OpenHAB 3.2 (stable) on a Raspberry Pi 4B with CentOS 8 (64bits).

Does anyone have any idea why this may happen?

1 Like

Maybe my post is in the wrong format!? The post is older than the community marketplace so this might be the case. I don’t find a lot of time during the holidays but I will check asap whether this could be the problem.

Could you please try again to install the widget from the marketplace? I just updated the first post so that it matches the required structure. Thank you!

It appears in the marketplace, but fails to “Add” with the following message in the logs:

16:52:35.337 [ERROR] [mmunity.CommunityUIWidgetAddonHandler] - Widget from marketplace is invalid: Couldn't find the widget in the add-on entry

Same goes for the Dishwasher widget.

I am able to install other widgets…

Thanks for testing. Could you try once more please? If it still does not work I’m out of ideas how to fix this…

1 Like

Yep, works now!

1 Like

I can also confirm it works. Thanks a lot for your support and for such a great widget @DrRSatzteil!

hey guys,
I’m struggling to get the widget running.

This is my expression for the state and the item washingmachineBosch_state.state is switched via rule between ‘Aus’, ‘Waschvorgang’, ‘Waschvorgang beendet’

=items.washingmachineBosch_state.state == 'Aus' ? "OFF" : items.washingmachineBosch_state.state == 'Waschvorgang' ? "RUNNING" : items.washingmachineBosch_state.state == 'Waschvorgang beendet' ? "FINISHED" 

after configuration the widget looks like this:
grafik

but in run mode there is no time and no status (animation)

Could anyone help me please?

The screenshot you provided is from the edit mode of the page you added the widget to. It should behave normally once you saved the page and open the page from the normal Main UI view. Did you try that? Does it still look like this?

Alternatively you can switch to run mode in the bottom right corner.

Thanks for your fast reply.
Yeah I switched back to the normal UI view, with both of your described ways. I even tried Chrome browser instead of firefox and cleared my cache. This is how it looks like in normal view.
grafik

Do my provided expressions look right to you?

No this does not look right but I was able to replicate this behaviour:

You need to replace the values “Aus”, “Waschvorgang” and “Waschvorgang beendet” with the actual states of your washingmachineBosch_state item. I assume that this item has different states than the one used in the expression is that correct? If none of the Strings in the expression match the actual item state the widget looks like shown in your screenshot.

If you provide me the actual values that washingmachineBosch_state may have I might be able to help you fix the expression.

OK…now after some trial an error I got it running and even found my mistake. In the expression the last “else”-Option was missing. By adding another colon with an else option everything works fine :slight_smile:
So the right expression in my case would be:

=items.washingmachineBosch_state.state == 'Aus' ? "OFF" : items.washingmachineBosch_state.state == 'Waschvorgang' ? "RUNNING" : items.washingmachineBosch_state.state == 'Waschvorgang beendet' ? "FINISHED" : "OFF"

OR even leave out the last condition and just make the “FINISHED” as an else option

=items.washingmachineBosch_state.state == 'Aus' ? "OFF" : items.washingmachineBosch_state.state == 'Waschvorgang' ? "RUNNING" :  "FINISHED"
1 Like

Ok great that you got it working! I didn’t see that error in the expression… it can get quite hard to read if the line gets longer and longer :wink:

1 Like

Hi
this widget looks really beautyfull.
I’am migrating my system from OH2 to OH3.
I will also use a shelly plugs to make the washing machine “smart”.
to calculate the minutes running I want to calculate the time between started and now.
Does anyone have an example or a hint for me?