Wave Dome Door Sensor Perpetually Offline

Hi Everybody!

Total noob here. I am trying to simply connect a dome zwave sensor to openhab. I am running the latest version of Open Hab and am using a mac book.

Everything works fine except the device is perpetually offline. It starts to initialize then goes to offline. Here is the log information:

16:20:02.507 [INFO ] [lassic.internal.servlet.WebAppServlet] - Started Classic UI at /classicui/app
16:20:05.051 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘zwave:serial_zstick:bb8210b9’ changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING
16:20:05.069 [INFO ] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler] - Connecting to serial port ‘/dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port’
16:20:05.074 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘zwave:serial_zstick:bb8210b9’ changed from INITIALIZING to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE): Controller is offline
16:20:05.085 [INFO ] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler] - Serial port is initialized
16:20:05.094 [INFO ] [ommandclass.ZWaveSecurityCommandClass] - Update networkKey
16:20:05.110 [INFO ] [ave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Starting ZWave controller
16:20:05.111 [INFO ] [ave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - ZWave timeout is set to 5000ms. Soft reset is false.

If anyone can help I will be forever grateful.
Thanks

The port info looks suspicious. What kind of zwave controller are you using?

Zwave controller? Pardon my ignorance, I thought my macbook running openhab was the controller?

I installed the z-wave binding version 2.3.0

Unless your macbook has a zwave radio built into it (HIGHLY unlikely) you will need to add one. You can buy them as a USB dongle. Aeon Labs gen5 zstick is popular.

Thank you so much I will start there. Unrelated, would a raspberry pi have a wave radio built in? Or would I need to hook a dongle u to that too?

NM I googled it doesn’t

If you are in the US, you may be interested in one of these. It has both zwave and zigbee radios. I’ve been using one for over a year and it’s been great. I don’t think they are being manufactured any more, but you can still find them arounf.