Weather Underground widget with forecast

Hi,
is there a solution for this problem?

I got this problem too, but only on Android ios, on windows it looks good.

Hi guys,

Iā€™m trying to configure the WU binding, but got stuck at API key registration. Based on the website, it requires a physical device registered to be able to get an API key. Do you know about any other way of getting an API key for WU?

Thanks,
Attila

Hello!

I donā€™t think that WeatherUnderground API works like it was working few months ago. Iā€™ve had an API key, but the binding stopped working few months back. I think there is another weather binding in OH that you could use instead.

Best regards,
Davor

Weather Underground Stopped providing API keys some times agoā€¦there are numerous posts about this all over the forum as well as listed on the Weather Underground site. The only way to receive the data from WU is to set up your own personal weather station that reports itā€™s data back to WU - they in turn will share data with you.

I would look at the DARKSKY bindingā€¦itā€™s provides great data.

Squid :squid:

1 Like

Finally Iā€™ve decided to use OpenWeatherMap. Itā€™s good for now, maybe Iā€™ll try DARKSKY later. Thanks for the posts!

Cheers,
Attila

Thank you very much for that hint! I was not aware of this great binding! Cool :wink:

Dark sky has been taken over by apple and will stop their api service by the end of 2021
blog darksky

Yes, I already read the news. It is sad that all cloud based services can switch off all functionality for you as soon as they like to do it. I will go back to local measurement of weather data.

For forecasting you may use WXSim - c, but AFAiK itā€™s not free.

Anyway, this is yet another good reason to invest in Weatherflow solutions https://community.weatherflow.com/t/tempest-response-to-apple-s-purchase-of-dark-sky/5698.

Also, their stations works very good currently with Wunderground.

BTW, does anybody have working widget to share, regarding the topic?

This is a one time investment. http://wetterprognosestation.hkw-elektronik.de/

Hello @bastiaan_van_h and thank you for sharing this cool widget.
I recently own a wheater station that is able to connect to WU.
W830

Am i correct that your widget can only be used via the HABPanel view and not via the PaperUI pages?
Iā€™m still learning openHAB and it took some time for me to figure out that i had to switch to the HABPanel view in order to be able to import the json file you provided.