Web Socket Error on AmazonEchoControl binding every 65 seconds

Thank you for your answer!
Do I need to download the 2.5.6 or the following will be enough:

1. Connect to the SSH command line and execute: sudo openhabian-config
  2. Select the “Update” option

Edit : I see that my openhabian version is openHAB 2.5.6-2 (Release Build).
I still see that errors :(.
What do I missing?

Which errors?

In the log:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread

Please show bundle:list | grep -i amazon.

It could also be another binding.

As you can see: you are running 2.5.0, not 2.5.6 and for sure not a release build. Did you put the jar in the addons folder?

I thought that I need 2.5.6 on openhabian.
How do I install the 2.5.6 for amazon binding? Is there are link to “steps to install”? I am not so familiar on that area :frowning:

Exactly. The 2.5.6 openhabian should be ok. But for some reason - and the most probable is a jar in the addons-folder - the binding did not update.

So from where do I download the Jar?

@Inmar https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-pullrequest-local/org/openhab/addons/bundles/org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol/2.5.6-SNAPSHOT/org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol-2.5.6-SNAPSHOT.jar

Did anyone else see that when removing / adding the included non working binding it also disconnected / reconnected their z-wave network?
After around 12 hours openhab was also completely inaccessible, however my system (a qnap nas) was not affected

Temp jar has fixed the issue, now just got to remember to remove it and add from the ui when it gets merged :frowning:

1 Like

First you have to get rid of the 2.5.0 version that you have. Look in your addons.cfg for that jar
EDIt - sorry, look in your /addons folder for that jar

2 Likes

@Inmar or paperui - addons - bindings - uninstall

It was not installed in paper UI:

I just override the file in the addons folder with the new jar file. Problem seems to be fixed…

1 Like

LastVoiceCommand appears to have stopped working again as of this morning. Anyone else having this issue?

Edit: I should add that I’m running the latest Openhabian 2.5.6-2 on RPi4Nd have the AmazonEcho binding 2.5.6-SNAPSHOT binding linked above installed. Before the fix I had the websocket error but since then everything has been working fine until today.

Maybe you got logged out?

Thanks for the suggestion. I have checked my login status at openhab:8080/amazonechocontrol/
and also disabled and re-linked the openHAB skill in the Alexa app - still no joy :frowning:

Good to know this isn’t happening on other setups so I can investigate further into mine.

Right, I’ve discovered the problem, and it’s a weird one! On my set up, I rely quite heavily on LastVoiceCommand (LVC) to trigger certain events. I
also expose dummy switches to Alexa so that she doesn’t say “I can’t find a device called…”.

What seems to have happened is that Amazon have changed the procedure for reporting on the LVC channel. It now seems to only reports commands which are not linked to a switch being triggered. For example saying, “Alexa, volume up”, or “Alexa, play music”, or “Alexa, what’s the weather like today” (and most other sentences) show up under LVM. But if you say, “Alexa, turn the lights on”, it doesn’t! This breaks a lot of rules I’ve created :frowning:

Has anyone else noticed the change? As I said above, this occurred overnight and I discovered the problem yesterday morning.

I didn’t use LVC up to now, but upgrading to 2.5.7 might be a solution for you. @J-N-K and @Trinitus01 have been working on it, @richaardvark did a lot of testing. Searching for “last voice” and looking at the latest results should help. There is more than one thread, where LVC has been dicussed.

If you are running java 11 be aware of the problem discussed here.

Thanks @yab or the reference. I hadn’t seen that thread until now. I’ve read it through and updated to 2.5.7. Ironically, I’m not getting any errors after updating java and openHAB, but this particular issue persists.

After a few more tests it seems to be very specific; my echo devices do not report LastVoiceCommand if the command relates to any potential smartphone devices, even if they don’t exist in your system. For example, previously I was testing lights, lamps etc. (which are present in my system) but the same thing happens when I ask alexa to “open the blinds” (which are not in my system). This does not get reported at all.

I’m starting to think that this is a security-focused update to the binding or potentially on the alexa server. Perhaps I need to start a new thread or post on the one you linked to.

Can anyone else verify that the same issue is happening on their setup? To reiterate, most commands are reported by LVC, but not if they relate to smart home devices.

Edit: This appears to be another issue, not related to the websocket error. Thread started here.